Skynet Gaming x Tango 5v5 Event! ×

Minecraft Server Application

I’ll reply to everyone on this shit, since people have mixed opinions.  I appreciate the people both defending my choices and criticizing them, as both sides are helping the development of the server.  I plan on keeping it smp FOR NOW, with a /pvp enable plugin, so that if you want to enable pvp, you may.  I might also have this affect the ability to have your chests opened by other players (if you and one other person enable pvp, you can open each other’s chests even if you didn’t give them access). My reasoning for this is simple: smp gets boring after a couple of weeks.  If you try telling me that you will 100% stay on for 2-4 months on the same map and without any change other than maybe a new plugin every few days, you’re lying.  SMP is boring and towny will be just as boring.  Towny introduces the group aspect, but unless you allow the town to be raised, you don’t have to worry about your items, which may be fun for some, but when there is literally no competitive aspect involved, the game gets boring, just like any other game.  The reason the other server died?  The map size, as well as the allowance of a single faction to have a lot of members were the biggest mistakes.  Paired with no reason to kill each other, the ways to bring groups of people together (/warp hunt, /warp pvp, etc...) were pointless.  I was attempting to make the best progression system I could, without just giving shit gear over and over again without grinding your ass off.  The item shop was ass, but it was also meant to be only used for a small amount of items, rather than to just be able to have access to every single item in game.  So I’ll put it this way as my final statement on the server:  smp will be put up first, but if people get bored, I’m going to just switch it to a competitive environment and watch you all scramble to keep your shit safe.  

:HYPERS:

39 minutes ago, Doofy The Nut™ said:

I’ll reply to everyone on this shit, since people have mixed opinions.  I appreciate the people both defending my choices and criticizing them, as both sides are helping the development of the server.  I plan on keeping it smp FOR NOW, with a /pvp enable plugin, so that if you want to enable pvp, you may.  I might also have this affect the ability to have your chests opened by other players (if you and one other person enable pvp, you can open each other’s chests even if you didn’t give them access). My reasoning for this is simple: smp gets boring after a couple of weeks.  If you try telling me that you will 100% stay on for 2-4 months on the same map and without any change other than maybe a new plugin every few days, you’re lying.  SMP is boring and towny will be just as boring.  Towny introduces the group aspect, but unless you allow the town to be raised, you don’t have to worry about your items, which may be fun for some, but when there is literally no competitive aspect involved, the game gets boring, just like any other game.  The reason the other server died?  The map size, as well as the allowance of a single faction to have a lot of members were the biggest mistakes.  Paired with no reason to kill each other, the ways to bring groups of people together (/warp hunt, /warp pvp, etc...) were pointless.  I was attempting to make the best progression system I could, without just giving shit gear over and over again without grinding your ass off.  The item shop was ass, but it was also meant to be only used for a small amount of items, rather than to just be able to have access to every single item in game.  So I’ll put it this way as my final statement on the server:  smp will be put up first, but if people get bored, I’m going to just switch it to a competitive environment and watch you all scramble to keep your shit safe.  

Any timetable on when the server will be up?

3 hours ago, Doofy The Nut™ said:

It's been a really long time since you promised a server, what's been going on and when is the server going to be completed? It's been seven months, you owe us an explanation.

Edited by Trumpet
11 hours ago, Trumpet said:

It's been a really long time since you promised a server, what's been going on and when is the server going to be completed? It's been seven months, you owe us an explanation.

1. I don’t owe you shit.  Don’t be thinking that just because I’ve been gone and actually had a life that I owe it to you to say “I’m sorry” or some stupid shit.  If you read the actual replies to this post you’d understand why it’s been down.  For the timeframe of the server?  I have no clue.  I have my own shit to do so it’ll get done when it’s done.  I’m not going to drop everything to please people online.  If you want the server done right, I suggest you wait until I can get shit done properly and clean it up.  

23 hours ago, Doofy The Nut™ said:

1. I don’t owe you shit.  Don’t be thinking that just because I’ve been gone and actually had a life that I owe it to you to say “I’m sorry” or some stupid shit.  If you read the actual replies to this post you’d understand why it’s been down.  For the timeframe of the server?  I have no clue.  I have my own shit to do so it’ll get done when it’s done.  I’m not going to drop everything to please people online.  If you want the server done right, I suggest you wait until I can get shit done properly and clean it up.  

I didn't ask you for an apology, nor did I ask you to drop everything, but after looking outside of this thread for answers I found out why. No need to get aggressive, but my bad. 

Edited by Trumpet
1 hour ago, TwinPlayz said:

fucking hell +rep this. Even tho the servers and minecraft is dead why not accept. literally dont probably do anything until everything is back up and active (most likely not gunna be). Its minecraft let him be an admin for that ha

Doofy is operator for MC server. He's been inactive, but he needs FTP access to put the server up. 

2 hours ago, TwinPlayz said:

fucking hell +rep this. Even tho the servers and minecraft is dead why not accept. literally dont probably do anything until everything is back up and active (most likely not gunna be). Its minecraft let him be an admin for that ha

@MERICA has better grammar and word usage than u :HYPERS:

god that shit was painful as fuck to read 

• 3 weeks later...
  • August locked this topic