boring

Ban Appeal: BORING!z`

In-Game Name: BORING!z`

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:59985689

Name of the Admin that punished you: ICamp

Reason why you got punished: Wallhacks

Length of your punishment: Perma

Reason why the punishment should be lifted

Hello, I was permanently banned from SNG over 6 months ago by ICamp for walling on an Awp Server. I think my ban should be reconsidered since there was no evidence/demo released of me playing that people can review  and analyze for themselves, I've even said before that I am open to streaming while I play for all to see to try and provide some type of security over the matter. I have even been banned from another community server over the same circumstance but because a demo was released for me to review and analyze I was able to prove myself innocent and get unbanned. Thanks for reading.

Demo for the server I got unbanned on - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ_3cjtkqBs

Icamp is the owner in which he doesn't really need evidence... And I doubt that he would ban you without him sincerely thinking that you were hacking.

Neutral

well i don't think ur hacking (just my opinion), But to be honest you did get banned by the owner so he probably has a reasoning behind the ban maybe he fucked up i don't know but

Good Luck.

look man, I'm sorry for saying this but I'm gonna have to go with a -rep. I'm down to give a second chance but you literally ban evaded 2 TIMES and that really concerns me...

Edited by B0xerZ

14 minutes ago, boring said:

I never ban evaded on the  accounts listed but I did ban evade, if you like I could link you it.

I'm pretty sure @MERICA checked via IP address lookup which is how he knows you ban evaded on those two separate accounts (my best guess).

This is an owner ban, and therefore most minor -rep/+rep's aren't going to matter in the big picture of things. If iCamp wants to unban you, great, if not, great. There's little the community can do in these types of bans, if iCamp wants community input he will say it, if he doesn't, he will give you a decision in mystery amount of time (up to his discretion). As someone already stated, owners do not need evidence to ban.

played sk with boringz alot and never suspected him of cheating

know me saying that doesnt mean anything but bol on your appeal dog

When I banned you, you seemed very fishy. I went off of my experience with the game (over 6k hours, global elite for years, experienced in catching cheaters) but since I did not have evidence (even though I don't need it, and I can just tell people to fuck off if they are persistent in asking for it) it is tough in this case since you were a popular player. You did state that you ban evaded, which is highly looked down upon considering it was a bitch to catch you when you did it since you had admins who would let it slide (those admins have lost their positions for it). I'll have to let this one sit with me for a week minimum to think about it.

Although camp has already responded to the case, I'd like to throw in what I can.

I've played with @boring / @BORING!z` on SK for years prior to his ban, not once did I ever suspect him of using any external assistance of any kind, although that doesn't exactly mean anything, I'd just like to throw that out there because I feel as though I've been pretty on-point as of now in catching any suspicious activity on the servers, especially SK and AWP, of which a majority of my time in CS (currently hovering at around 3,000 hours total on CS) were spent in the past. Now, this isn't to discredit Camp more than doubling my hours in the game, or the fact that he's been a much higher rank than me in every sense, but I'm offering the perspective of an experienced player in the game mode. In my eyes, BORING!z` has always been a nutty player, even in other games. His aim and game sense was pretty insane, even in games like Overwatch, but that doesn't go without any flaws. He still made mistakes and I'd doubt he'd risk his reputation by cheating on our servers, of which he spent so much of his time on already. There's an inherent bias in my opinion of this, as BORING!z` and I have been friends for quite some time leading up to his ban, but I'd like to assure you that I truly believe he's innocent. 

I'd next like to address the 2 accounts of ban evade, which doesn't sit with any of us well. This could've been spurred by his yearning to want to play the SK server, but again, it's against the rules and he broke that rule twice, which again, is a big no-no, so please interpret that as you will when deciding upon the result of his ban appeal.

I'd lastly like to bring up the fact that I was on the same server that BORING!z` got banned from on the day that it happened. He had the alias Neroma at the time and we all thought he was fishy, in all honesty. There were a couple of moments where I felt that some sort of external assistance were present, but nothing was enough to push me over the edge in confirming that he was 100% cheating. Obviously, my perspective isn't final say, and I can definitely see where Camp was coming from in his reasoning to ban, but I do believe that in this case, a demo/clip was definitely needed to further review with staff as I (along with others, I'd say) were on the fence with his (BORING!z`) shots and game sense. The map was fort at the time, which as we know, is a very predictable map, and you can hear a lot of things throughout the map, especially if you camp in the sandcastle. Although it may seem like it, I'm not trying to make any excuses for BORING!z`, I'm simply stating variables that should be kept in check regarding the decision to get a fair result.

I know, I know, you're probably thinking "why did he write so much yet go in so many circles?" well, the only answer that I can provide is that although I do believe that BORING!z` is innocent, I don't know about the case in general, due to a lack of a demo and yet multiple cases of ban evasion, a majority of this case seems to balance out.

Just my multitude of cents, interpret this as you will.

Good luck with your appeal.

Edited by Hachi

Just saying @Yerm if you -rep someone you should back it up with something. Give a reason and don't just say -rep that's unprofessional.

I always play games with boringz and never once have I ever considered him to be hacking. He is nutty at most times and if I didn't know him and play with him all the time I would think he is hacking. So I see where everyone is coming from. 

BUT I think he deserves to be unbanned after 6 months.

It's not really my place to say if you were cheating or not (without evidence), whatever the case may be, I'm down for a second chance.

However, a small piece of me feels like you've been ban evading this whole time. It was always joked by players that you were probably ban evading on one of your many different accounts (supposedly|rumored)(when I used to play around that time). I don't really play too much SK anymore, but everyone seemed to like you a lot and you were a core player of the server, so in those regards I think having you back would be great. I don't have any proof of this feeling, so it shouldn't hold any weight against you, I'm down for a second chance in the end though. That's my two cents on the matter.

I think he should be unbanned and if hes cheating he can always be rebanned. I honestly doubt he's cheating since he's such an old player. If he's still nutty to the point of being really sus, people can spec and determine if he's use external assistance. @iCamp you should use plays.tv when u ban someone like this, it would make this whole situation a lot easier.

+REP for unban

3 hours ago, Aru said:

I think he should be unbanned and if hes cheating he can always be rebanned. I honestly doubt he's cheating since he's such an old player. If he's still nutty to the point of being really sus, people can spec and determine if he's use external assistance. @iCamp you should use plays.tv when u ban someone like this, it would make this whole situation a lot easier.

+REP for unban

You realize he’s the owner right? He can literally ban anyone he wants for anything, you might be next my bud

3 hours ago, Aru said:

+REP for unban

You realize he was on an alt and I'm not going to be bothered to record a clip and upload it every time I ban someone for cheating. If I had known it was him, to avoid all of the trouble I would have recorded at let the community decide if he was cheating.

6 hours ago, Velox said:

You realize he’s the owner right? He can literally ban anyone he wants for anything, you might be next my bud

Yep I know, I was just saying it would save a lot of time if he clipped a ban of someone that wasn't completely blatant. Given the fact that he said he has to think about it, it's obvious that boringz wasn't straight out spinbotting, ragehacking, or making it 100% clear that he was cheating. Of course I know it's his decision as an owner to ban whoever he wants, but it just makes sense to take the 2 seconds to press ur clip bind to get evidence for a fishy but not 100% cheating ban.

16 minutes ago, Aru said:

Yep I know, I was just saying it would save a lot of time if he clipped a ban of someone that wasn't completely blatant. Given the fact that he said he has to think about it, it's obvious that boringz wasn't straight out spinbotting, ragehacking, or making it 100% clear that he was cheating. Of course I know it's his decision as an owner to ban whoever he wants, but it just makes sense to take the 2 seconds to press ur clip bind to get evidence for a fishy but not 100% cheating ban.

Just cause Camp isn’t on, I’ll respond for him. He’s not taking time to think about unbanning him based on a lapse of judgment, he’s taking time to decide on unbanning him because he was a popular player with a lot of friends and a lot of people want him to get another chance on top of other reasons.

I can assure you he’s not second guessing whether he thinks he was cheating or not.

42 minutes ago, Pedro Deuces said:

He’s not taking time to think about unbanning him based on a lapse of judgment, he’s taking time to decide on unbanning him because he was a popular player with a lot of friends and a lot of people want him to get another chance on top of other reasons.

I feel like if @iCamp was 100% sure boring was cheating he would just deny this. Especially since boring is pleading innocent and has also ban evaded.  If he's completely certain the dude was hacking, why is this still open? He's gonna accept it just because the guy was popular even though he ban evaded and still denies the fact that he was cheating?

25 minutes ago, Aru said:

I feel like if @iCamp was 100% sure boring was cheating he would just deny this. Especially since boring is pleading innocent and has also ban evaded.  If he's completely certain the dude was hacking, why is this still open? He's gonna accept it just because the guy was popular even though he ban evaded and still denies the fact that he was cheating?

I think you're doubting how well I know Camp and the pretenses of my and his conversations on this topic. I'm very confident he still thinks he's cheating and truth be told I'm pretty sure this isn't going to be accepted- but that's on his call to leave this open for the week that he wanted. I can guarantee he still doesn't doubt his judgment initially on the ban, but that's his call to make at the end of the day.

2 minutes ago, Pedro Deuces said:

I think you're doubting how well I know Camp and the pretenses of my and his conversations on this topic.

No I'm not doubting anything.

Based on the fact that @iCamp is completely certain boring was hacking, I think he should stay banned. Especially since he has ban evaded and still denies the fact that he was using cheats on sng servers. If you ever want to have a chance of getting unbanned, I suggest you admit your mistake and try to re-appeal in the future @boring. Cheating is a scummy thing to do in any game.

Even though my opinion doesn't matter, I will trust @iCamp's judgement and switch my +rep to a -rep.