Lemons

Phobia you had growing up and what is yours now?

When I was younger I couldn’t sit on the toilet seat without squats on it with my feet. 

Shitty in public area is my phobia now it’s just nasty and the shit I have seen is gross. 

So what’s yours??

43 minutes ago, gabe_ said:

I cant piss when there is people around me, just cant do it, no matter how hard I try.

idk if its just me or ye...

Same here lol. 

Uhhh I used to have really really bad  anxiety like in 3rd grade. I still have it but it’s no where as bad as it used to be. 

I had to google what each of these were called and what they meant.

• Thalassophobia - Fear of the ocean. It's way too big, has way too much unknown about it, and has way too much WHACK stuff in it for me not to be scared of it.
  • Athazagoraphobia - Fear of being forgotten/forgetting. This mostly applies to me in the sense that I really fear any of my family members forgetting who I am while I remember everything or me forgetting everyone around me while everyone still remembers me. Adventure Time really hit a string with me because of this thing.
  • Xenophobia - Fear of the unknown. I guess this one mostly applies to me in the sense that I hate unknown/unknowable outcomes of things (I like absolutes) and I don't like things with too many unknowns - see: the ocean.
  • Phonophobia - Fear of loud sounds. Not very hard to explain this one. Loud sounds make me incredibly uncomfortable and actually are kinda scary to me in a sense, however pussy-ish that may sound.

Nyctophobia. but not in a "omg therte's monsters under my bed" when i was little my dad used to show me jumpscares all the time from his email and it traumatized me a lot. nowadays i cant sleep unless im completely under my blanket with my pillow over my head, and im against the wall of my room inbetween my matress and the wall. i have back issues from it and its incredibly uncomfortable, but it was a habit i picked up from childhood. makes it hard to sleep in hotels or on vacations.

I was afraid of the dark when I was younger, now I find it very comforting to be in.

I used to be afraid of people showing up to my house, but I have knives now, so I’m no longer afraid.

The only thought that brings genuine fear to me is losing my mother. Everything else just doesn’t seem that bad.

When I was younger I didn't live in the best part of Chicago and I was honestly really scared of even walking outside. The times I walked outside were going home from school with my sister or going on bike rides with my mother and sister. There was one time where my sister and I walked in Chicago at night because she stayed at a friend's house so I had to follow (since she's the older one). Not even bullshiting I remember walking 2 blocks and I just see someone following is with a hood blocking their face and I was scared to shit, I just let him pass us to see if he was going to do anything so we could react on it. It's really scary to even think about someone coming up to you with a weapon of any sort and just use it against you. I have very bad anxiety whenever I walk in the city or anywhere that seems suspect.

Currently:

I look down at the ground when I walk in public because I try not to be noticed because I really don't look when people look at me. Fear of heights, even seeing videos of people doing some crazy ass shit on tall buildings make me turn away. For whatever reason I'm not scared of going on roller coasters though

I have a fear of commitment, putting time into someone or something and then losing it all in an instant. I also have a fear of getting attached and catching feelings for someone due to past experiences of betrayal and manipulation.