How did you find SNG?

The title says it all.

I was searching for a GOOD course server and i came across the SNG course server (bring back pl0x c: )

It was a very fun server... I was then introduced to the other many servers sng had. After i played the servers for a while someone told me i should apply for admin which is when i was introduced to the forums :D. and now i'm here applying for admin again :4Head:

What's your story? Simple? Complicated? Let's hear it!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oblivious af, I played CSGO for at least 2000 competitive hours thinking that was the only thing you could do.  I somehow found out about the Jailbreak server and met some great people. @near3

To preface, a majority of my hours on CSGO are from SK, and all of my hours from CSS are from SK, meaning that I really do (or did, I suppose) love the gamemode and play(ed) it religiously. I sta

Mid 2015 I looked for some awp servers to play cause I thought it was a cool gun, now here i am, the best awper to touch the planet.

Posted Images

Funny story. I found ‘Jailbreak’ on GMOD and joined and had no clue what I was playing. I just started killing everyone and got banned immediately for mass free killing.

A few days later I was browsing servers on CSGO and found one called ‘SNG JB.’  I thought ‘hm like that server from GMOD?’ And joined it out of curiosity. Ended up loving the game mode and stuck around for 3 years. 

dipshits from slayers started making accounts on sng "in case slayers died" (it didnt die till a year l8r when they were already gone) so i made an acc to meme them. then when LG split off from slayers and eventually merged with sng i stopped by. towards the end of 2018 i got bored and hopped on one day and stayed ever since. pretty fun.

To preface, a majority of my hours on CSGO are from SK, and all of my hours from CSS are from SK, meaning that I really do (or did, I suppose) love the gamemode and play(ed) it religiously.

I started off on fragworks, because I met a friend named LearN, or Josh, through a mutual friend from comp. We instantly hit it off after meeting and after getting me hooked onto SK, I learned that he got banned from fragworks for cheating or being toxic or something idk. Being the good friend that I am, I decided to venture for new servers to see if we could both fit in and play together like good old times, and I stumbled upon SNG's SK server as that was the only rival SK server to fragworks at the time. I was reluctant to be seen playing on SNG's server, as every fragworks player told me that every player on SNG was shit because we have easy strafe on our server, even LearN told me the same, but regardless I stopped by here and there to play on the server and meet some new people.

Finally, I was hooked on SNG and made fragworks a thing of the past for me. I met some great people that I'm still friends with today, like @Character, @Blueberry, and @ImTuba, and I found that our server was a lot more fun to play, not only because my aim got better due to people being able to move a lot faster, but also because people actually spoke and joked with eachother, unlike fragworks, which is (er, was, I guess) full of older people that I couldn't relate with. (funny enough, I went back to fragworks a year or so later and I splattered most of the players as a fresh face because I wasn't used to how slow they were moving and domed everything) 

I had stuck to the servers strictly for months and months. I ended up taking a huge hiatus and focused on comp and school, but one day decided to join back to see if anyone still knew who I was. Not to my surprise, not a single person recognized me. That is, right up until when Character joined and said "wait a minute, is that Hachi? Like, the actual Hachi? Dude it's been forever" and from that single interaction sparked a feeling in me that said I should stick around a little more, get a little better again. 

Shortly after, LearN messaged me to tell me that an SK tournament was coming up soon in SNG and that I could be on his team if I wanted to. I hesitated and said that I've never spoken to anyone on the forums or outside of SK before, but he told me to just make a forum account and simple introduction. I didn't for a little while, I was pretty shy at the time and didn't want to step outside of my comfort zone much, until I decided to add @KingjiN on steam to ask a few questions. Needless to say, I was, and still am, annoying to him. I asked him a shit ton of questions for no reason until I was finally convinced that I should open up a little more, and decided to make an introduction. I was welcomed with open arms by everyone, including a few owners, in my post. I was excited to be a part of the community and decided to be active on the forums just like everyone else. Our SK tourney team did end up competing, and we managed third, but I think I struck gold when I found the forums, like I said, I've made some amazing friends and have met some amazing people on SK, but nothing compares to the overwhelming amount of people I've met on the forums. Whether it be friends I hope to meet and hang out with in real life some day, or some actual fucking retards that I hope I never have to speak to again, the forums was the place to be and I'm glad I stumbled upon them.

Yeah, yeah, there's one last thing to this story.. after being active on the forums and servers, I suppose a few of the big men noticed me and the lack of admins we had on SK, and I got a message from @forge one day telling me to accept Pedro's friend request on steam, saying that he needed to talk to me about something, and I was scared shitless. I thought I was gonna get banned for some reason I didn't know and Pedro knew that. He took advantage of the situation and proceeded to give me a heart attack until he revealed that he actually wanted to promote me to trial admin without an application for SK and that he believes I'd be a good candidate. 

And the rest, as they say, is history.

Also king fucking told me on the night of my promotion to senior that he thought that I'd never move past super and that he was genuinely surprised. Look where I am now, emilio :FeelsBirthdayMan:

2015 december when i first got cs i joined the DR server, as the toxic 12 yr I was I enjoyed that to it's fullest. Whenever all of the big namer admins left I started to play course, and no-lifed that. I believe I held the pro title on it for a hot minute until the server got reset and eventually died off. During this time I transitioned to JB, and although the server was known for it's toxicity I chilled out and went for admin.. and here we are now yeye

Back in 2015, wanted to try community servers. I really enjoyed awping and I found SNG's awp server. Grinded hours on the summer and started to build a lot of friendships. Made my first reply on a point system discussion. Later got involved when I made a large group called ThK. Applied for admin to help the server and it just went up from there.