Extacy

Extacy's operator application

Posted (edited)

In Game Name: §NG | Extacy

Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:111383297

Server You Are Applying For (Must be server you are currently Super Admin For): Jailbreak

Do you agree to equip the 「§NG」| tag if accepted?: Already have it equipped (yes)

List below reasons why you deserve the position and separates you from other candidates:
So I'm not exactly sure who else is will be applying for JB operator, but regardless, I've made a continuous effort to the best of my abilities to help out Jailbreak, mainly by making many bug/suggestion trackers. I also have knowledge and some experience on the backend of how game servers operate, the Hammer Editor / CSGO Source Engine, and SourceMod plugins. This would be helpful as an operator as I would be able to know how to fix bugs if they arise or contact developers with a possible fix ready. I have been an active member of SNG for over 2 years now, and have gained knowledge on how Jailbreak works and plays as a gamemode, and how SNG operates as a community.

What changes will you make to the server and will make you a good Operator?:
Most if not all things are in suggestion or bug trackers already, but I would like to buff the Rebel LR. I've already made a suggestion tracker on this, but currently Ts get an m249 + no deagle + only 100hp and are beaconed. I'd like to change it so Ts get a negev + deagle + 100hp plus 75hp for each CT alive + beaconed. (The negev could be changed to an ak47 depending on community feedback)

List all changes you would like to make now or in the future in your position as operator:

List maps you will add or remove that will make the server more enjoyable:

ADD:

jb_chicken_island_b2 - This map was made by Dede, known for making some really good JB maps such as jb_moonjail_v2, jb_fentex and jb_shapeshifter. This map contains a total of 24 minigames with many of them being custom games.

jb_blank - This map was made by smogg (the creator of jb_clouds and jb_dystopian). The concept of this map is basically a combination of all the best parts of his previous maps into one. Albeit to what you'd expect at first glance, there are many secrets and ways to rebel on this map. The only con I see is that the map could be too bright for some players.

jb_temple_studios_v  - I don't remember why this map was removed last time, but this is an updated version with fixed cell doors and some other bug fixes. This map is currently on tango, pg and swoobles so I don't see much harm in trying the map again. EDIT: Going to be a no for this map after what @proobs mentioned below.

ba_jail_ds_revolution_v5  - Good cell design, games include: Floor is lava (kitchen), Surf strafe (in cells), skill jump (in cells, forklift), obstacle course, crazy asian, pool, soccer, bhop, low grav basketball, disco, spinning jump rope, warday area (mcdonalds / 7/11)

UPDATE:

ba_jail_future_v1c -> ba_jail_future_v2a

ba_jail_chernobyl_day -> jb_new_chernobyl

REMOVE:

ba_jail_AnttideA_A099
Low quality, underplayed map. Very poor visual appeal / texture choice. Bad main cell design, it seems as if the exit is through library but the warden is actually supposed to go outside just to open main cells. Really the only good minigames I can see is hole in the wall, swimming race and climb. The disco's song is legitimately earrape and cannot be stopped.

ba_jail_campus_2011_final_csgo
I'm pretty sure chicken007 was going to remove this map a while ago, but anyway this map is incredibly unoptimised and causes extreme FPS lag when facing towards the broken zombie game. Half of the games are broken, and it is extremely hard for Ts to successfully rebel through the vents. This map also spams console with errors.

ba_jail_futurouta
This map has a good visual appeal and I like the cell layout, but it really lacks good minigames (Main minigmaes are pool, soccer, basketball and roulette). The path to soccer is kind of awkward for CTs because of the delayed opening doors and the dark/tight corners that are very easy for Ts to escape.

ba_jail_inception_go_v1b

1. Honestly I really want to like this map. It has a heaps of games but there are just a few things that really break it for me:
  2. Broken cell doors, the map uses func_wall_toggle or similar is incompatible with SJD and often leaves Ts stuck in their cell even if the doors open.
  3. Very bad map layout. Unless you have played this map before and memorised the exact path to each game, it is very confusing to find where the good minigames are. CTs will often get knifed trying to control Ts in the long corridor leading to the inside games. Ts can also very easily escape through the many doors down this corridor, unless controlled by an experienced warden (which won't happen on this map seeing as it's so underplayed.) The cells are way too far from some games (i.e. the snowball game) and the path to outside has a direct entrance to armory which can confuse the warden believing they took the wrong path.
  4.  The cells are extremely easy to rebel inisde. Ts can be fully hidden ontop of the beds and can easily drop down and knife a CT trying to cellcheck each of the total 20 cells.
  5.  After 10 minutes, without warning (because point_servercommand are disabled) the map will instantly kill everyone left alive, which definitely isn't enough for our round times and LR.

List rules you would like to change if any:
Add back this rule under wardays section: "CTs may hide in most secrets during wardays, provided that said secrets are still within the designated warday area. If issues arise on a warday over the permissibility of a specific spot, the highest ranking staff member who is present has the final say."

I don't really see a need to change any other rules, there are minuscule changes that could be made but aren't worth mentioning here.

Edited by Extacy

+rep - Ex-stacy is one of the most knowledgeable of the new players and I think would make a great fit for server admin. He knows follows and enforces the rules. Add me to recs : )

+rep

+rep 

has been the only super over the past few months to message me over rule edits, plugins, etc... I think he’d do great in this position

3 hours ago, Extacy said:

jb_temple_studios_v  - I don't remember why this map was removed last time, but this is an updated version with fixed cell doors and some other bug fixes. This map is currently on tango, pg and swoobles so I don't see much harm in trying the map again.

Guy who made it is an absolute negro and blocked me everywhere, I also didn’t like the layout it had before and a bunch of the community disliked it as well.

+rep  extacy would be great for this position. He obviously is dedicated to the jailbreak server and has consistently tried to improve it. 

With no such thing as AU JB anymore, I start to believe in someone with vast knowledge of Jailbreak.

Good luck @Extacy

Strong +rep!

+rep Extacy knows the rules pretty well and can play during the night. He has Sourcemod and Hammer experience so he can help out the server in those areas. Good luck. 

my man

+rep

You are fit perfectly for this position I have known you for a long time and I know that you are very smart man that can be perfect for operator who also knows what to do in situations and how to handle them. I really believe this is a perfect spot for you.

+rep

Dude's super chill, friendly, and knowledgeable on jailbreak, and when I was first starting out playing here I didn't talk to many people, but you'd still say hi and laugh at my jokes or whatever I did, even though you didn't know me, which really meant a lot to me. Definitely fit to take on this position.

+rep 

it's about time extacy

+rep

Only here to plus rep, gl homie 

let’s hope he doesn’t break the server this time amirite?

prob the most qualified super for this position.

good luck bud

+rep, only jb super fit for the position imo

+rep

the most qualified super admin fit for operator imo, gl xtc 

fun to play with good luck +rep

+rep

Seems to be the most qualified candidate for the role, especially if the previous operator believes so as well, as I trust his opinion to the fullest extent.

From my own knowledge, however, you’re very knowledgeable and have great aspirations to improve the server.

Good luck!

+rep cares about the server and definitely has the knowledge for the role, good luck

Accepted, congrats!