george

[Suggestion] » [TTT] Live Check Improvement?

I think we should make it so when someone calls a live check at 2:00, you HAVE to reply in chat. It's very hectic and difficult to note down who's actually replying when there are 5 people saying "live" in mic at the same time. 

@redderfry

View full suggestion

I strongly agree with this - by typing (not spamming) it makes it easier to keep track of instead of over voice when everyone is literally talking over each other.

Yes please.

I ask people to respond in chat because I can't see more than 3 people that say "live" in VC.

• When a "live check or KOS" is called, all players must respond through chat or they may be killed.( The player calling the live check or KOS must inform the others that they must respond through chat)

Change this suggestion to accepted :v

Edited by redderfry

Before this is locked and accepted, what happens if the player is gagged? 

@redderfry would they be KOS'd for not responding in chat IE breaking a rule or would that be an exception if it were to ever happen.

Edited by shots

6 minutes ago, shots said:

Before this is locked and accepted, what happens if the player is gagged? 

@redderfry would they be KOS'd for not responding in chat IE breaking a rule or would that be an exception if it were to ever happen.

Good point tbh

Maybe we could have a command like !lc that just spits out "%N is claiming a live check!" which can only be used 1x every 45 secs? And implement a rule to only use the command when a live check is called

@ Diam0ndz

Just now, August said:

Good point tbh

Maybe we could have a command like !lc that just spits out "%N is claiming a live check!" which can only be used 1x every 45 secs? And implement a rule to only use the command when a live check is called

@ Diam0ndz

Ik you @'d diamondz but to what I posted thats a perfect fix.

OR You could possibly add a /livecheck command where something similar to the detective message that pops up each time you join where it will be sent to all alive players and all they have to do is click "Yes" and it will send a message in chat something like this

Alive Players:

August

shots

diamondz

redder

etc

If someone doesn't respond to the live check by clicking "Yes" it either slays them or beacons them (would be better to slay them because they would be breaking a rule if they didnt respond)

@ August @ Diam0ndz

1 minute ago, shots said:

If someone doesn't respond to the live check by clicking "Yes" it either slays them or beacons them (would be better to slay them because they would be breaking a rule if they didnt respond)

Fine with the menu but no to this. If they don't respond to the menu or they press "No", then a slay is absolutely retarded imo.

We really don't have to go through the trouble of making a plugin for this.

If a player is gagged they can simply use the /radio command and use any of the commands such as Check, Yes , No to respond

Edited by redderfry

11 minutes ago, Diam0ndz said:

Fine with the menu but no to this. If they don't respond to the menu or they press "No", then a slay is absolutely retarded imo.

There wouldnt be a "No" option, it would legit just be a menu saying "Respond to the Livecheck" then there would only be one option which is "Yes"

@redderfry people could maybe just use radio commands but a plugin would make it easier to keep track of, along with a plugin that means you can check logs for it (im not sure if you can check logs on the server for radio commands correct me if im wrong)

1 minute ago, shots said:

There wouldnt be a "No" option, it would legit just be a menu saying "Respond to the Livecheck" then there would only be one option which is "Yes"

There's no point in that if the /radio command literally has a response that says "Check"

2 minutes ago, shots said:

@redderfry people could maybe just use radio commands but a plugin would make it easier to keep track of, along with a plugin that means you can check logs for it (im not sure if you can check logs on the server for radio commands correct me if im wrong)

You can easily see the message in chat for the fact that it's a different color from everything else.

Also the radio command counts as typing in chat and it does show up in logs

At this point the question is who actually knows how and when to use sm_radio?

In terms of practicality, I’m not going to type /radio every time to have to look through a menu for what I want to say. I’ll just end up typing it out, it’s easier.

Additionally, there’s not enough awareness to the command itself, the only people who actually know how to use it are the regulars and admins. (Heck I’m willing to bet half the admins don’t  or didn’t even know the command)

Theres literally one person who I’ve seen legitimately use it, and then a few people who mess around with it for fun.

So the question shots asked is very much valid, as a gagged player most likely won’t even have the knowledge to use the command.

1 hour ago, August said:

This would be great. Don't necessarily have to make a restriction to how many times you can use it, if someone abuses the command, just punish them. A rule would be good as well.

Not sure if this is possible but maybe only allowing the command to be used after 2:00 @ August

I agree with redder on this one. The !radio command isn’t widespread because it isn’t super necessary for players that aren’t gagged. It’s a lot simpler to spread the word about the command instead.

So here’s what I’m getting at:

we either

A ) make a whole plugin that will essentially do the same thing as /radio;check

B ) just tell people about /radio command 

either way results in telling people about a command. One just requires more effort for the same result. I don’t think a command is needed since we have /radio. 

3 minutes ago, Diam0ndz said:

So here’s what I’m getting at:

we either

A ) make a whole plugin that will essentially do the same thing as /radio;check

B ) just tell people about /radio command 

either way results in telling people about a command. One just requires more effort for the same result. I don’t think a command is needed since we have /radio. 

Yeah we're going with choice B obviously.

There's legit no point in working on something when we already have it but better.