ziggy

How do I know when I should try to become an admin ?

I've been playing SNG for two years now I believe, and deep down I've always wanted to be able to reach the point of being able to apply and become and admin.

Lots of people I talk to on the AWP server know this lol.

I'm just curious if  the amount of time a player has been on the server should affect how long that player waits to start trying to go for it, or if it's even worth me trying to become an admin  in the first place ?

Just wondering :)

Either way hope everyone has a good rest of their weekend and...

still no player models   xD 

Well the least I can say is the only two requirements to apply would be here:

"

You must have:

-Three Admin recommendations, one being Operator+

-20 Non-spammed posts

"

I could see you being a decent admin, gl if you decide to apply

when you feel like you're ready and other people know you're ready. in the end if other people think you're not ready then obviously you won't become an admin

I think you know when to become admin when you feel dedicated, you love playing on the servers, and you have built bonds with the people you play with everyday

This might just be me, but my personal belief when applying for admin is that you should only apply if you really feel the server needs it. If you're just applying for the rank or  the power, it just doesn't feel right. If you're a good fit for admin, it'll happen naturally. Just message admins that you like/that like you and ask if they'd rec you. If you can't get recs, you have to work on your attitude/outlook on the server.

You’ll know when you should become admin... trust me. The point where people start saying “are you an admin?” Or “ you should be an admin” and Stuff like that. Also if admins are offering you their rec... that does tell you something. If you really feel like becoming an admin... just ask other players and admins how they feel if you were to apply.

For the longest time I felt this exact same way that I wasn't sure when it was right till one day on TTT push me over the edge and I believed I was mature enough and patient enough to deal with people. Like Rage said if you want to apply do it because you believe you can help the server in a beneficial way.

Smarter than a 5th grader? Congrats you're an admin!

jokes aside lol

we legitimately do not ask for much in our admins.

• Common Sense
  • Maturity

having an unbiased, neutral mindset while capable of handling situations professionally and calmly does help.

(i know im toxic as fuck shut the fuck up we aren't talking about me here)

as an admin you can and usually will be targeted because people are scummy as fuck and will try and test you,

It's very challenging emotionally and mentally sometimes.

so whenever you feel like you're up for the position, try and get a few recommendations so you'll be able to apply.

remember; try not to just msg random admins trying to get recommendations, make a few friends and try to earn them.

whenever you feel like you're ready to apply and you meet all the requirements, just post dat shit bruh.

You seem like a very chill and mature person (for the most part) when it comes down to it anyway.  :)

When you decide to apply I'll give you my rec.

just remember when you're applying; its not about the title, you're applying because you want to help our servers and the community.

If you have any other questions feel free to send me a pm anytime.

if you need someone to tell you to apply for admin (this post). Then you probably shouldn't apply for admin.

if people tell you to apply and that you would be a good admin and if you already have recs then apply

Just be active and have three admin recommendations and a operator or higher and have 20 posts on the forums (that aren't Shit or spam posts) and your Gucci.

Remember nobody is rushing you and its all up to you so when you feel ready just post your app bro.

Posted (edited)

when you've seen too many niggas hackin and rdmin and no admins to stop em so you say fuck it and apply :)

Edited by Chiken

I don't know if time necessarily is a big benefactor, but it does mean you get to know the players better which is a plus. Whether something is "worth" doing or being is entirely up to you, if you think you wanna do it go for it and see how it plays out because everyone has different experiences with being admin.

There are a few factors that should inspire you in applying:

1. Do you have the necessary recommendations? If so, have you gotten to the point where you've made friends with people on the server and people respect you as a member/VIP?
  2. Do you feel that power will not overwhelm you, like it has for some people? Do you feel you will use power responsibly?
  3. Do you feel that you, as a person can help improve the server and not do it as a job (like I did, sadly)
  4. And, are you ok with waiting a potentially long time for your application to be accepted, and you can stay level-headed and cool until then

I know I messed up, but every human in the real world messes up every now and then.

Don't feel discouraged - if you feel like you can pull it off - go for it!