proobs

[Suggestion] » ban disconnected

you don't even know that would save so much hassle of asking for higerups to ban em. good shit proobs +REP

The 2 major problems with the last bandisconnected plugin we used are still present in this one, no?

I can still type
sm_bandisconnected "STEAM_0:0:44118762" "10080" "retard"
to ban gir from any server while he's offline and hasn't recently disconnected, right? So I pretty much get Senior Admin powers from this and can ban anyone on any server whether they're online, or offline, or even if they haven't been on in a year. Unless I missed something while reading your source.

And it still adds people to root, even if its only for a split second, so any command executed within ey9vSN1.png this tick would execute as root, right? So if I typed
sm_bandisconnected "STEAM_0:0:44118762" "10080" "retard";sm_addban "icampssteamid" "0" "bye bye"
and kept pressing up arrow and enter to re-execute the command over and over and over in console, I'd eventually get it to execute in that tick,  right? Because the commands run side by side to each other, not one after the next.

TGBQrHB.png

^ This screenshot is from the old plugin. Yours pretty much does the same thing, which still has the same flaw.

Old plugin source: https://forums.alliedmods.net/attachment.php?s=a91da0c9fe23fcccb461bb6597cd0317&attachmentid=71779&d=1296894367

2 hours ago, Dark said:

close ur apps 

You will permanently be a virgin for the rest of your life.

3 hours ago, sleepy said:

The 2 major problems with the last bandisconnected plugin we used are still present in this one, no?

I can still type
sm_bandisconnected "STEAM_0:0:44118762" "10080" "retard"
to ban gir from any server while he's offline and hasn't recently disconnected, right? So I pretty much get Senior Admin powers from this and can ban anyone on any server whether they're online, or offline, or even if they haven't been on in a year. Unless I missed something while reading your source.

And it still adds people to root, even if its only for a split second, so any command executed within ey9vSN1.png this tick would execute as root, right? So if I typed
sm_bandisconnected "STEAM_0:0:44118762" "10080" "retard";sm_addban "icampssteamid" "0" "bye bye"
and kept pressing up arrow and enter to re-execute the command over and over and over in console, I'd eventually get it to execute in that tick,  right? Because the commands run side by side to each other, not one after the next.

TGBQrHB.png

^ This screenshot is from the old plugin. Yours pretty much does the same thing, which still has the same flaw.

Old plugin source: https://forums.alliedmods.net/attachment.php?s=a91da0c9fe23fcccb461bb6597cd0317&attachmentid=71779&d=1296894367

Aye idiot read the rest of the plugin

this is only enabled if the convar is enabled. If sourcebans works like normal and no dev has touched it, it’d be impossible. If it’s enabled it’s still pretty impossible with you having to basically spam every single game frame to get it to even work whenever they press the yes menu button. Which is also why I made it a menu with only non-admins listed so it forces you to not use any arguments. 

Whichever queer tries to ban a single admin would have to ban half of the offline population and that would be most likely immediately noticed by members of staff. Remind you, this would only even  be possible if sourcebans doesn’t work correctly or want to query correctly to my version, so a dev sets the convar. 

Please go off urself retard

25 minutes ago, proobs said:

this is only enabled if the convar is enabled. If sourcebans works like normal and no dev has touched it, it’d be impossible. If it’s enabled it’s still pretty impossible with you having to basically spam every single game frame to get it to even work whenever they press the yes menu button. Which is also why I made it a menu with only non-admins listed so it forces you to not use any arguments. 

Whichever queer tries to ban a single admin would have to ban half of the offline population and that would be most likely immediately noticed by members of staff.

You could bind it to scroll wheel, and you can do a lot more than just ban with root. The other plugin was setup exactly like this and it was still exploitable.

1 minute ago, sleepy said:

You could bind it to scroll wheel, and you can do a lot more than just ban with root. The other plugin was setup exactly like this and it was still exploitable.

And it’s only possible if a developer enables that portion of the plugin once again

r u retarded or sumn or do i need to spell it out

5 minutes ago, proobs said:

And it’s only possible if a developer enables that portion of the plugin once again

r u retarded or sumn or do i need to spell it out

Then y is it even in the plugin if it isn’t needed

1 minute ago, sleepy said:

Then y is it even in the plugin if it isn’t needed

If for some odd reason sourcebans adds a weird table and it strings database errors or something. That’s the only reason it’s in there and should only be a failsafe.