tyK0ned

Unable to Download Required Maps?

I keep having a persistent issue of missing whatever maps are required. I've definitely tried to search this, and I've gone online to download the maps but I still haven't been able to fix the problem. Any advice? I'm kinda at a loss.

Could it have something to do with my college firewall? Typically I'm able to download everything fine but for whatever reason I keep not being able to connect to certain community servers, including awp.

I think @Noodlesssss was having this same problem

idk if he got it fixed or not but thought it was worth a shot @ing him for you

As far as I'm aware, this is an issue if you've played on other servers with similar maps. 

The only solution I am aware of is to go into your map folder and delete said map(s) which you cannot connect to.

yeahhh happened to me last night. Tried a lot of different shit, but eventually something worked :haHAA:

Mine didn't "fully fix". I was able to download awp maps n shit, but when I tried to download a TTT map, it didn't work. I messed with the     -maxdownloadfilesizemb N and eventually was able to get into a TTT map. I really wish I could help you, but I have no idea how I got mine to work. 

@B0xerZ @Isaac deleting the maps and trying to join the server didn't work. I don't think downloading them from the fastdl worked either. When the issue first happened I had all my maps in the folder. I deleted them a l l and rejoined the server. Didn't work. Restarted PC, verified game files, redownloaded csgo basically, but it still didn't work. Only thing that let me into the servers was trying the -maxdownloadfilesizemb N thingy which let me into the awp server where I was able to download the maps as we switched. I tried it on the TTT server, but didn't work. I just kept tinkering with the maxdownload and it eventually worked. 

Edited by Noodlesssss

If the server says you're missing a map, go into your CS:GO Map folder and delete the file that's in the folder. 

kmd2czU.png

After you do that, you can reconnect to the server and see if the map will download correctly. If it is still not working, just use the fastdl and download the maps from there.

https://fastdl.skynetgaming.net/

Some of the maps I have added back to the server were different from previous versions we had before. The best fix for this would be to do as @Satellite said and remove the maps that give you problems from your maps folder and allow the server to redownload them for you. There is also an issue I have seen rarely where you may have the right version of the map however you still can not connect and it will freeze around the retrieving  game data step I believe. If that is the case use console to quit/ restart your game and the problem should be fixed.

I've deleted the maps before but in the console it just says error downloading. I've tried to copy the links and then put them into maps but still, nothing.

I've had this problem with every other updated MG map and fortunately I do know how to fix it however, it requires you do it manually every-time you encounter the problem.

If it says "Missing map/Error Blah Blah" you go into console on main CS:GO menu and copy the "https:---------------.bsp (or bsp2)" (one of them will require you take it out of the folder) and put that link into your Url bar. After doing so (in my case Chrome) it should auto download from our databases. Go into your Cs:go Property folder in steam/maps, and drag the .bsp(2) in that folder (replace an existing file if prompted) and VIOLA it Should download the map! 

I hope this helps you out and good luck Gamer!

Edited by Nairb

whenever a map dl doesn’t work for me I just grab the .bz2 download link from console and plug that into chrome and put the file in manually

Still doesn't work for some maps, I'm not sure why. It'll say on SNG that the link isn't available, so I've been trying to download different versions but to no avail.