sleepy

[JB] Add Slaynr

Add a slaynr plugin compatible with Jailbreak to mark players to be slayed on the next round start.

9 hours ago, August said:

y

Why have it on TTT? Bc it's convenient. Someone does dumb shit you just mark them and forget about it. 

41 minutes ago, Sunless said:

Just do it you're self the next round lol

kk let's remove it from ttt and just do it ourselves the next round too. hf slaying 4 people at the start of a round. this is a quality of life thing, obviously you could just do it yourself, but an automated system to do it would be easier and better, no? and we could then log slays for ban appeals, player complaints and the likes. there is literally no downside.

3 hours ago, sleepy said:

Why have it on TTT? Bc it's convenient. Someone does dumb shit you just mark them and forget about it. 

it’s more than a convenience on ttt it’s also the only in game punishment you can receive (excluding comms) unlike jb. not saying it shouldn’t be on jb but your argument that it should be bc it’s on ttt is stupid

1 minute ago, Klitch said:

it’s more than a convenience on ttt it’s also the only in game punishment you can receive (excluding comms) unlike jb. not saying it shouldn’t be on jb but your argument that it should be bc it’s on ttt is stupid

no nigga. we slay on JB all the time. it's not like you freekill one person and get CT banned. CT bans are for MFKers and repeated offenders. There is nothing like CT bans on TTT, so to the people that repeatedly RDM, t bait, or MRDM we just straight up ban them.

JB and TTT punishments are nearly identical and they're very similar.

Also, you're missing my point entirely. We have SLAYNR on TTT and the SLAY command built into Sourcemod. We currently just use the slay command manually on round start in JB, just like I'm arguing you could easily do on TTT. The point of having slaynr on TTT is so you can add slays in bulk (which, again, we manually do on Jailbreak too) and slay multiple people at the round start without needing to remember names, you just add them as they come. It is EXACTLY what I said it was: a convenience. We could just as well do manual slays on TTT and it would work fine.

I actually can't believe you're commenting on this without at all knowing how Jailbreak punishments are handled.

Just now, sleepy said:

I actually can't believe you're commenting on this without at all knowing how Jailbreak punishments are handled.

i actually can’t believe you commented this without at all knowing about my knowledge of jb

lil excessive for me pointing out one flaw homie, idk why you’re heated about this lol

Just now, Klitch said:

i actually can’t believe you commented this without at all knowing about my knowledge of jb

You just said that the only punishment you can receive on TTT is a slay except for comms, which is wrong, and that it's unlike Jailbreak because of this, which, again, is wrong. We ban people for breaking JB specific rules, as well as TTT specific rules. Julia literally got banned for a week yesterday for RDMing. Not all of those rulebreakers deserve bans, so we use slays. If you don't grasp this then how could you understand how punishments are handled? Slaying people for breaking minor rules and freekilling/RDMing is quite literally the most basic understanding of how punishments are handled, which you didn't even get.

2 minutes ago, Klitch said:

lil excessive for me pointing out one flaw homie, idk why you’re heated about this lol

But that "flaw" you pointed out is non-existent, which is why I responded to it and explained to you why your "flaw" isn't a thing. It is a convenience on TTT, and a really damn helpful convenience, so it should be put on Jailbreak.

I don't understand how people are against this, it's not like it's a hard task to code, it's not like it's a number one priority, I'm literally saying it would be a great convenience. It's most of the other big Jailbreak servers. Especially people like @Klitch who have no idea how punishments are handled (which is completely OK, you don't need to know these things, you're not an Admin). You literally can't even have an opinion on this because any stance you take without understanding how punishments work is indefensible, yet you're against it?

This is a quality of life suggestion with literally 0 priority, but we already have a proof-of-concept for it in @ Diam0ndz' already existing TTT plugin that logs entrees in a database. If you ask TTT Admins if would be OK with removing slaynr they would most definitely all say no because it's that helpful.

y r u like dis

TTT has it because it's part of the punishment system. Someone can get say 4 slays and serve them on different days.

Jailbreak punishments are either ctbans, slays (that round or the next depending on the situation) or swaps.

It has nothing to do with convenience, it just isn't practical.

denied & use the form next time :50cent:

19 minutes ago, sleepy said:

You just said that the only punishment you can receive on TTT is a slay except for comms, which is wrong, and that it's unlike Jailbreak because of this, which, again, is wrong. We ban people for breaking JB specific rules, as well as TTT specific rules. Julia literally got banned for a week yesterday for RDMing. Not all of those rulebreakers deserve bans, so we use slays. If you don't grasp this then how could you understand how punishments are handled? Slaying people for breaking minor rules and freekilling/RDMing is quite literally the most basic understanding of how punishments are handled, which you didn't even get.

But that "flaw" you pointed out is non-existent, which is why I responded to it and explained to you why your "flaw" isn't a thing. It is a convenience on TTT, and a really damn helpful convenience, so it should be put on Jailbreak.

I don't understand how people are against this, it's not like it's a hard task to code, it's not like it's a number one priority, I'm literally saying it would be a great convenience. It's most of the other big Jailbreak servers. Especially people like @Klitch who have no idea how punishments are handled (which is completely OK, you don't need to know these things, you're not an Admin). You literally can't even have an opinion on this because any stance you take without understanding how punishments work is indefensible, yet you're against it?

This is a quality of life suggestion with literally 0 priority, but we already have a proof-of-concept for it in @ Diam0ndz' already existing TTT plugin that logs entrees in a database. If you ask TTT Admins if would be OK with removing slaynr they would most definitely all say no because it's that helpful.

You don’t even have admin perms so why are you so adamant on this?

Also, freekills on jb where you’ll need to slay the person on the next round happen a lot less than an rdm on ttt. The game modes are completely different too, and slaynr would not be a quality of life addition to jb, just a useless one.