Noodlesssss

JB revival suggestions

3 minutes ago, Noodlesssss said:

I already know this isn't in the correct suggestion tracker spot, but @ Diam0ndz 👻 told me to put it here. 

@ August It seems JB Super Admins still don't have perms to make a suggestion (and bug?) tracker.

Also seems like a solid plan to bring back some JB regulars. 

Edited by Diam0ndz 👻

2 minutes ago, Noodlesssss said:

Props to @Extacy for this suggestion. The event team can organize a time area where certain items will be given out for completing certain goals. The main goal of this is just to make sure everyone is having fun on the servers. This would be kind of what @Warden Flamewater would do with his events on the forums. JB bingo was fairly fun and could be used as a guider for this. 

I can set something up in the style that warden used to do and get some prizes in place, some in game stuff and maybe some skins.

3 minutes ago, Noodlesssss said:

I don't have any maps on the top of my head atm, but there are probably some maps out there that could be put into JB that can bring people in. With this, deleting some of the old and unplayed maps could free up space in the 5ish map page we have. Having new maps will bring people in to check out what's going on instead of them seeing jb_clouds, jb_undertale, jb_overplayedmap:ResidentSleeper: and not joining.

Although I hate every popular JB map if population were to increase we need those maps played as often as possible as that is what most players want. Maybe even reducing the cooldown for the maps temporarily. 

4 minutes ago, Noodlesssss said:

Gangs needs to be dealt with. The top gangs are useless since the big-boy-spender fucked the top spots up. No one cares about their gang anymore and the tag that comes with it feels stale. I feel if we reset the gangs every 4-6 months with the top 3 gangs receiving a prize (hell, I'll even pitch in with this if it has a better chance at being accepted) we could have more participation in the server instead of no one giving a shit about the gangs anymore. The streetcredits would need to be reset along with the gangs obviously.

100% agree, gangs literally do nothing to positively affect JB right now, they don't negatively either though. I think reseting gangs completely and street cred would be a good idea. Let pre-made gangs stay though. Gangs should offer more cosmetic options or at the least the ability to have a conversion from street cred to regular credits. Have this unloced at X gang level so there isn't a lot of inflation. 

6 minutes ago, Noodlesssss said:

Increase the amount earned by killing guards/T's/being on the server to a steady amount like 3-5 credits. This could be an incentive to players to join the servers to earn more credits. I personally wouldn't like this idea, but if it has a chance at bringing in more people then whatever.

I would say at least give JB 1 extra credit per kill and 1-2 extra through the passive timer. I don't think it will be a huge incentive but once the population gets going a little it will give it that extra boost of 2-3 players at least.

Good post Noods.

I want my god damn normal chat accessories back. Gang tags were gay and still are gay.

I'll only play overplayed maps ;)

I hate @Noodlesssss and @Alex so they should get mega oofed.

I want them credits bois.

Make @Flowey operator :D.

Everything Noodlesssss said sounds like it might get me on a couple times.

These are all good suggestions

I literally told @Extacy most of these things before ...

I very much like the credits part if u increase the amount u get then more people will join to grind for there credits back. But it also has a down side that people will just afk when there are no players on so we need a plug-in that auto kicks/specs people to counter this.

Instead of giving skins for guns or other items just give credits or player models  (if we can get them first). 

The shop does basically nothing right now ...

1. Sprays don't matter since custom sprays are back.

2. Trails and auras don't matter since people can just turn them off.

3. The only thing that is somewhat usable are the accessories and the servers can just turn them off( like deg is about to do).

4. People only really used the shop for player models or the awp models(when are they coming back?).

And @Alex's Idea to convert street cred to credits is a brilliant idea 

I don't think you can buy streetcred/credits anymore so it will be a good incentive for people to join.

@SoH_Flipz:PepeHD: 

Edited by Sunless

16 hours ago, Alex said:

I can set something up in the style that warden used to do and get some prizes in place, some in game stuff and maybe some skins.

I'm not sure if this is what you meant but I was hoping for an interactive event with popup challenges while in game (e.g. next kill with a jihad gets x or first to complete climb get x) and some overall challenges for the night such as most creative warden, best guard/rebeller/minigamer &c.

16 hours ago, Noodlesssss said:

Mark days down where 10+ people/all JB supers HAVE to get on JB. Doing this will incent players to join the servers. No player is going to join the server with 0-3 people on, but with 10+ people on, more people are likely to join the server. This could go well with JB Fun Night

I might try to directly contact players & admins and sort something out, possibly before & after the event in order to retain a playerbase.

Increase the amount earned by killing guards/T's/being on the server to a steady amount like 3-5 credits. This could be an incentive to players to join the servers to earn more credits. I personally wouldn't like this idea, but if it has a chance at bringing in more people then whatever.

I feel like raising credits would really only encourage afk farming like what happened with course. Most items in the shop aren't worth spending credits on either.

Gangs needs to be dealt with. The top gangs are useless since the big-boy-spender fucked the top spots up. No one cares about their gang anymore and the tag that comes with it feels stale. I feel if we reset the gangs every 4-6 months with the top 3 gangs receiving a prize (hell, I'll even pitch in with this if it has a better chance at being accepted) we could have more participation in the server instead of no one giving a shit about the gangs anymore. The streetcredits would need to be reset along with the gangs obviously.

Resetting gangs without adding anything would be pointless imo. I think something needs to be added first like custom shop items or a prize for being the top gang per month, right now there isn't point to gangs other than a useless chat tag.

Add Maps and Delete Maps

If anyone has suggestions on maps to add that would be good. I'll probably try to use the data from the map tracker bot from the discord to get a list of the most underplayed maps and remove them (I'll save the current maps incase chicken yells at me)

instead of them seeing jb_clouds, jb_undertale, jb_overplayedmap:ResidentSleeper: and not joining

I personally agree but just being honest, those maps are overplayed and popualr for a reason. I could argue that new players wouldn't want to join a half dead server with a map they've never heard of when they can just play clouds on (insert more popular jb server)

Also add playermodels

Edited by Extacy

2 hours ago, Extacy said:

I'm not sure if this is what you meant but I was hoping for an interactive event with popup challenges while in game (e.g. next kill with a jihad gets x or first to complete climb get x) and some overall challenges for the night such as most creative warden, best guard/rebeller/minigamer &c.

This would be better but we would need someone to run the show/make a plugin??? The Fun Night seems like a really good idea and I hope it gets built on 

I might try to directly contact players & admins and sort something out, possibly before & after the event in order to retain a playerbase.

:peepoLove: 

I feel like raising credits would really only encourage afk farming like what happened with course. Most items in the shop aren't worth spending credits on either.

That's one of the main issues with that suggestion. What @Sunless suggested could help combat this, but I guess I don't know how well it would truly go. Doesn't help that !shop is kinda :ResidentSleeper:

Resetting gangs without adding anything would be pointless imo. I think something needs to be added first like custom shop items or a prize for being the top gang per month, right now there isn't point to gangs other than a useless chat tag.

That's why I said to make a top three gangs where they would receive a prize and only resetting the gangs every 4-6 months. I don't know what else we could put into gangs, but I hope SOMETHING gets done to them.

If anyone has suggestions on maps to add that would be good. I'll probably try to use the data from the map tracker bot from the discord to get a list of the most underplayed maps and remove them (I'll save the current maps incase chicken yells at me)

jb_tropical_island_v2 :HYPERS:

I personally agree but just being honest, those maps are overplayed and popualr for a reason. I could argue that new players wouldn't want to join a half dead server with a map they've never heard of when they can just play clouds on (insert more popular jb server)

The main problem is that people always complain whenever one of the overplayed maps goes into the rotation. The maps are fun (most of the time) and have a nice balance to them.