CurryAssassin

Awp server on prime?

Awp server prime?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should awp server be prime?

• Yes
    • No

While cheaters and players on alts / ban evading annoying, the main concern is that it might cause the population to tank.

Don't really see it happening unless there is a guarantee that the population won't drop.

It could tank the population but it would get rid off all the weeds and help see if the server is growing or not.

This has been an Idea in the past when CS:GO first introduced prime and made it free. But like Forge said,  We really cant afford the servers to drop on the Pop.  You can help single out some of the cheaters by having valid video evidence of someone in the act and a Steam ID. Other than that :peepoShrug:

14 minutes ago, forge said:

While cheaters and players on alts / ban evading annoying, the main concern is that it might cause the population to tank.

Don't really see it happening unless there is a guarantee that the population won't drop.

2 minutes ago, Nairb said:

This has been an Idea in the past when CS:GO first introduced prime and made it free. But like Forge said,  We really cant afford the servers to drop on the Pop.  You can help single out some of the cheaters by having valid video evidence of someone in the act and a Steam ID. Other than that :peepoShrug:

In my opinion, I really don't think the "it'll kill the server" argument is valid considering most of the players on AWP who are non-prime are people on alt accounts or just blatant cheaters.

Anyone have a rough idea of how many new/old players THAT ARE NON PRIME join the server perday? I do not think it's enough for us to not put the server on not prime only ..... I believe the population will be fine. All the regulars have prime and it's really not that hard to get it. I only see non-prime cheaters or fucking retards join with the sole purpose of causing chaos. 

Edited by george

Yeah, that might ruin part of our player base. Just because people aren’t prime doesn’t mean they’re cheating. It would block out people who don’t have it and give people motive to not play the server.

Pop would drop, yes. But all the people are retards who cheat or are on their smurf for whatever reason and its a smurf they ONLY use on community servers, so who cares, really?

Can't speak for AWP gamemode specifically but any server I've seen that went prime only lost quite a lot of players, you aren't just losing non prime players you are losing prime players who see SNG has like 3 people on it compared to some other server with 10 because of f2ps and join the second one

Would just drop the pop. Not a bad idea tho.  Maybe sometime during the summer or something when it’s more populated.