Extacy

[Bug Report] » [JB] Players can sometimes talk while dead

I know 1 instance is that the 45 second mute for Ts at the start of the round will unmute all Ts even if they are dead.
So if you die at the very start of the round you will be able to talk while dead after 45 seconds. 

Thanks @shots for testing with me

View full bug

26 minutes ago, proobs said:

If in redie SetClientListeningFlags(client, VOICE_MUTED); once out of redie, set to VOICE_NORMAL

This can cause issues if there’s an admin in the game in redie trying to get everyone to shut up. 

Besides, would prefer all the muting and unmuting in the same plugin. 

@Extacypls no do 

8 hours ago, Diam0ndz said:

This can cause issues if there’s an admin in the game in redie trying to get everyone to shut up. 

Besides, would prefer all the muting and unmuting in the same plugin. 

@Extacypls no do 

I mean since he has it public anyway he should put a cvar or something to enable or disable mute, here is the check you’d want to not include admins:

(someCvar.BoolValue && !CheckCommandAccess(client, “aaaa”, ADMFLAG_GENERIC) && inredie[client])

On 12/20/2019 at 5:54 PM, proobs said:

If in redie SetClientListeningFlags(client, VOICE_MUTED); once out of redie, set to VOICE_NORMAL

Pretty sure this will just end up unmuting players. Anyway IsPlayerAlive returns false for ghosts, and plugins can use Native_IsGhost. (or Redie_IsGhost). Like Diam0ndz said, I'd like to leave it up to other plugins to manage muting players.

Any update on this however? Players talking while dead is a really annoying issue to deal with

On 1/20/2020 at 1:38 AM, Extacy said:

Any update on this however? Players talking while dead is a really annoying issue to deal with

Should be fixed now. It wasn't working before because I was checking if they were in redie in the player_spawn event, which would be right here, before they are officially in redie:
chrome_wARef1Uhlb.png

I am now using RequestFrame(), which should hopefully place that check right after g_bIsGhost[client] = true;

If that still doesn't work, @Extacy go ahead and make a forward, or I'll make a pull request when I have time.

3 hours ago, Diam0ndz said:

It wasn't working before because I was checking if they were in redie in the player_spawn event, which would be right here, before they are officially in redie:

Fixed that like a month ago

public int Native_IsGhost(Handle plugin, int numParams)
{
	int client = GetNativeCell(1);
	return (g_bIsGhost[client] || g_bSpawning[client]);
}

I'll commit a fix soon since this has been open for 2 months 🙃

25 minutes ago, Extacy said:

Fixed that like a month ago

public int Native_IsGhost(Handle plugin, int numParams) { int client = GetNativeCell(1); return (g_bIsGhost[client] || g_bSpawning[client]); }

public int Native_IsGhost(Handle plugin, int numParams)
{
	int client = GetNativeCell(1);
	return (g_bIsGhost[client] || g_bSpawning[client]);
}

I'll commit a fix soon since this has been open for 2 months 🙃

My fix is confirmed working but that commit would be optimal