Warden Frostwater

[Map Hotfix] - TTT Cabin Fix II

Patch notes:

• Fixed an out of bounds exploit (Thanks @redderfry)
  • Changed out some of the trees on the map

Bugs:

• Many of the trees are colored black. This is due to the models previously used are no longer compatible with CS:GO in the latest updates, and thus, causes the trees to be black. The new trees will fix this problem, but if I were to get rid of all of the trees, it may take more out of me (and a much higher map file size, too) to fix.

Download link:

See latest post for Fix2.

The next Chemical Plant II developer update will be tomorrow at some point.

Check out the thread here:

Thanks for your patience and understanding. I am taking approach of quality over quantity for 2020 and later...

Edited by Warden Frostwater
title change and removed old download link

2 hours ago, CL0NE said:

@Warden Frostwater

yesterday a few people fell through the map yesterday on Cabin. I don't know if it was because of the map or if it was because of the dead bodies plugin but I just thought I would point it out.

From what redder told me it was an area that the original map creator DID NOT seal off but I can't say where that "area" was.

edit: I think that may be a plugin issue, but I cannot say. I need photo proof for me to look into this at some point

2 hours ago, Warden Frostwater said:

From what redder told me it was an area that the original map creator DID NOT seal off but I can't say where that "area" was.

edit: I think that may be a plugin issue, but I cannot say. I need photo proof for me to look into this at some point

I can post the video sometime later today, it happened to me. 

1 hour ago, tieK0 said:

I can post the video sometime later today, it happened to me. 

It’s a known bug and devs are trying to find a fix for it. players have a chance of dying to props(dead bodies, guns, props) when they jump on them.

4 minutes ago, redderfry said:

It’s a known bug and devs are trying to find a fix for it. players have a chance of dying to props(dead bodies, guns, props) when they jump on them.

Yeah that's what I was told, that's why I didn't post anything about it in the first place so I guess I'll just leave it be. 

On 1/21/2020 at 8:29 AM, Warden Frostwater said:

Many of the trees are colored black. This is due to the models previously used are no longer compatible with CS:GO in the latest updates, and thus, causes the trees to be black. The new trees will fix this problem, but if I were to get rid of all of the trees, it may take more out of me (and a much higher map file size, too) to fix.

What?

Getting rid of trees would just make the file size smaller

8 hours ago, redderfry said:

Remove the shit prop throwing plugin and return props to their normal state with the old grabber (yes you can prop surf with it but who cares so long as no one exploits)

12 hours ago, Мalala said:

What?

Getting rid of trees would just make the file size smaller

Remove the shit prop throwing plugin and return props to their normal state with the old grabber (yes you can prop surf with it but who cares so long as no one exploits)

If I was to get rid of the trees it wouldn't look correct.

I would replace the old black trees with the new trees, thus the increase in map size. The fix already increased the map size by 20MB.

An update to Cabin has been pushed today.

Patch notes (February 1st, 2020):

• Fixed the ladder problem (it was a nodraw that was func_ladder, it is not supposed to work that way. It should be a func_detail with the invisladder texture.)
  • All visible black trees in the map playable area have now been removed and replaced with the correct trees.
  • Somehow this got the map size lowered by 1.2MB (60.4MB Fix -> 59.2MB Fix2)

Download link:

A third patch will be coming on Monday. Possibly Sunday. Depends on life stuff.

Please look at:

@Klitch

@redderfry

I can confirm the ladder was fixed but the trees in the map are fucked now.

the trees hitbox are 5x the size they're supposed to be. you can't walk near them without being blocked by invisible hitbox. the back pathway of the house is also blocked off by a tree so you can't walk through there anymore.

@Warden Frostwateridk what happen but the trees are fucked and thats not good

Just now, redderfry said:

I can confirm the ladder was fixed but the trees in the map are fucked now.

the trees hitbox are 5x the size they're supposed to be. you can't walk near them without being blocked by invisible hitbox. the back pathway of the house is also blocked off by a tree so you can't walk through there anymore.

@Warden Frostwateridk what happen but the trees are fucked and thats not good

I'm thinking of removing all trees in the playable zone in 2-1. You ok with that? (I'll patch it on Monday. I'm busy this weekend)

Some say the trees do nothing but cause problems.

14 minutes ago, Warden Frostwater said:

I'm thinking of removing all trees in the playable zone in 2-1. You ok with that? (I'll patch it on Monday. I'm busy this weekend)

gotta ask @Klitch for that one

1 hour ago, Warden Frostwater said:

Some say the trees do nothing but cause problems.

I see no problem w the trees being there I’m just confused how their hit boxes got so fucked up. I like the couple of trees to hide behind or climb into, personally, so if those barriers are able to be reduced I’d prefer the trees stay. 

1 minute ago, Klitch said:

I see no problem w the trees being there I’m just confused how their hit boxes got so fucked up. I like the couple of trees to hide behind or climb into, personally, so if those barriers are able to be reduced I’d prefer the trees stay. 

With the new trees, they come from actual CS:GO maps. I might be able to find those black trees (as they are outside the playable map space) - I'll experiment and get back to you. I would keep the fix version (not fix2) if this is a problem until I can patch it Monday. 

Just now, Warden Frostwater said:

With the new trees, they come from actual CS:GO maps. I might be able to find those black trees (as they are outside the playable map space) - I'll experiment and get back to you. I would keep the fix version (not fix2) if this is a problem until I can patch it Monday. 

Idk what others think about this but I’d rather get the black trees back with the proper hit boxes than replace them with broken ones or take them out completely. Appreciate your help, I’ll check out your fix and get it added once you’re done.