Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Niggas wildin

Freeze Tag Day should be removed

God if ever there were a worst time to play on JB, it’s either when there’s too many people or they’re playing freeze tag. The day itself is so monotonous and predictable, yet it takes so long to finish. Along with that, auto-bhop is enabled on it, so most of the time, you’re just running in a circle gathering speed until one CT lands a lucky shot and freezes you, or the time is up. 
My main problem is with the auto-bhop being enabled. Why was it even enabled in the first place? Who would decide that this is a good idea? Ultimately it makes the game boring and uninteresting.

If you disable auto-bhop, the day would be fun again. Otherwise just throw the day out.

If auto bhop is disabled, might as well call it hide and seek. That’s even more boring imo. The problem with most days is that people just like to hide or camp unless it’s a free day. I personally enjoy Freeze Tag days. If you have any suggestions that would spice it up without making it a different day, I’m all ears. 

To be fair, it’s just hide and seek tag atm, but I do have some ideas. If we can’t get rid of auto-bhop then what if we made the CTs killable? Maybe at like 50% of the normal damage. I have a few more ideas but I’ll get to them later, I’ve gotta go to class.

13 minutes ago, Diam0ndz said:

If auto bhop is disabled, might as well call it hide and seek. That’s even more boring imo. The problem with most days is that people just like to hide or camp unless it’s a free day. I personally enjoy Freeze Tag days. If you have any suggestions that would spice it up without making it a different day, I’m all ears. 

i dont think anyone except troll wardens and diam0ndz actually enjoy freezetag. ive watched people leave the server in swarms as the last t bhops in a circle too fast for anyone for the entirety of the round. it's just not fun. maybe boosting the ct's base speed would help? seems like the hardest part is ct's catching up to t's, so increasing their speed might help level the playing field. that being said it might also fuck with bhopping too much.

should make a rule that T’s that aren’t frozen have to pursue and unfreeze frozen T’s. It’s mostly boring cause either you’re a  guard that can’t hit a T and give up or you’re a T that gets frozen and no one comes to save you.

3 hours ago, Diam0ndz said:

If you have any suggestions that would spice it up without making it a different day

Reward the winning team, add a speed cap. 

The day has potential just needs to be touched up on.

1 hour ago, redderfry said:

should make a rule that T’s that aren’t frozen have to pursue and unfreeze frozen T’s. It’s mostly boring cause either you’re a  guard that can’t hit a T and give up or you’re a T that gets frozen and no one comes to save you.

I like this too @Noodlesssss

Not a fan of freezetag day personally. I think that if there's a way to scale time by the amount of people on the server, that might make it better. There's too much time allotted for the days and it gets dragged out.

12 minutes ago, justin. said:

I enjoy it cause I bhop and it's fun 

Yea but what about the 10 dudes who already got frozen in main cell block that can’t move anywhere now and are stuck watching you go mach 3 through the map? It ends up getting lame. So like Tubby said, a speedcap should be added.

Edited by USB Stick

The day's timer has already been decreased. I dont think lowering it any further is an improvement.

To the people who are saying remove/replace it with HnS, this is the exact same thing that happened with HnS. People thought HnS was "boring" and "not engaging" and it was soon removed. Freeze tag day is a good day, but changes need done to it. I am open to all suggestions and willing to listen to the community. If HnS is a day that people are wanting back as well, that can be done.

I will try and get more work done over the weekend as I do not have school on Monday and nothing going on through Saturday and Sunday.

edit:

@USB Stick all up to the community for HnS coming back. I personally dont side either way. 

With the suggestion, I'll probably try to write most of them down somewhere or something and ask for opinions. Or if the suggestion has enough popularity when posted, we can decide from there.

Edited by Noodlesssss

2 minutes ago, Noodlesssss said:

The day's timer has already been decreased. I dont think lowering it any further is an improvement.

To the people who are saying remove/replace it with HnS, this is the exact same thing that happened with HnS. People thought HnS was "boring" and "not engaging" and it was soon removed. Freeze tag day is a good day, but changes need done to it. I am open to all suggestions and willing to listen to the community. If HnS is a day that people are wanting back as well, that can be done.

I will try and get more work done over the weekend as I do not have school on Monday and nothing going on through Saturday and Sunday.

It sounds like HnS would end up being worse than freeze tag day, freeze tag just needs to be reworked (and I still suggest turning off B-hop) maybe you can automatically kill a guy for not moving from an area, like a 2x2 square or something, in 15-20 seconds.

I don't think my opinion means shit but freeze tag days are gay but maybe like a chase mod day so its like a CT one hit knife kill and auto bhop is disabled and you try to juke the cts out? ( with a timer of course)

Edited by Cortex1

Back when I was playing JB a lot, I never liked the idea behind HNS days (total credit farming, hence why certain Wardens always picked it when doable), and Freezetag Day is basically a waste of 5:00 (previous timer) especially when one person accelerates so fast, that even with a 64 tick server build, it seems impossible for a CT to ever win.

I mean, it does kill off server population, but some people do like the day.

Not going to say names, but I personally feel that some special days are trollish and are used to get people to farm credits. If at all possible, keep the days cooldown reasonable. And please, I hope admins are reading this, but don't let CT's just bait just to accelerate a special day. 

I'd love to come back, but since my "leave from JB temporarily"... I don't want to... yet.

My suggestions?

• If you keep Freezetag, put a speedcap on all players.
  • Lower time further to 3:00. (unless this is the current timer on Freezetag)
  • Increase regular days required to do a special day from 5-ish to 7-ish.
  • PLEASE enforce the trap rules more - I hate to get on only for an aids Warden to say "We are now playing Simon Says", then proceeds to play that game until LR

Freeze tag isn’t a good day. It’s actually extremely buggy. Half the time when you auto hop it lags and you can’t get above 300 speed. Not to mention that if you start going fast enough CTS LITERALLY CANT KNIFE TA CAUSS THE SERVER CANT KEEP UP. You literally ghost knife all the time. It’s not fun it’s boring.

12 hours ago, Alex said:

Freeze tag isn’t a good day. It’s actually extremely buggy. Half the time when you auto hop it lags and you can’t get above 300 speed. Not to mention that if you start going fast enough CTS LITERALLY CANT KNIFE TA CAUSS THE SERVER CANT KEEP UP. You literally ghost knife all the time. It’s not fun it’s boring.

Someone said it. I'm getting really tired of the community complaining about ghost knifing and typically getting the response that you just need to get better. It's just broken.

Edited by rage

Remove all special days, I'm here to play JB not hold space bar while going in a circle or something stupid

If speed is an issue disable autohop don't cap speed, let good players go fast and shit players go slow

21 hours ago, Warden Frostwater said:

that even with a 64 tick server build, it seems impossible for a CT to ever win.

What does 64 tick have to do with autobhop

Could new days be added instead of trying to fix days nobody really wants

Like for example a Hunger Games day where friendly fire is on and T's compete for Lr

It seems like the only good day majority of people enjoy is War Day 

On 2/13/2020 at 12:01 PM, Noodlesssss said:

@ Diam0ndz soft speedcap of 450 (DR's) plz n thx

done

On 2/13/2020 at 12:01 PM, Noodlesssss said:

Also, could you add LR to the day. When there's 2 T's who haven't been frozen, the rest of the T's are slayed and the day ends. 

I feel like this would encourage Ts to not unfreeze the other Ts. People are already complaining about not getting unfrozen, this would just make it worse.