News Ticker
  • News ticker sample
  • News ticker sample
Bucket

Combat Surf Server

SNG should make a combat surf server. Me and some of my friends have been looking for a set server to play and feel like SNG would be a good one. I would like to make this server pop and make sure to tell others about the server.

I disagree, combat surf servers can be fun at times but primarily they're just filled (when they even have pop) with micspammers and spawn campers. Also, the problem with servers like these is they pretty much require other people to be on the server with you, considering the surfs are typically much shorter and not something that actually takes time to complete.

If SNG is gonna take on a surf server, it needs to be a standard timed surf with obviously longer, more challenging maps where players can continue to improve their time as they play. These kinds of servers tend to be easy to moderate, retain a consistent population (even if small to moderate), and don't require anyone else at all to be on the server for you to play how it is meant to be played

1 minute ago, Noodlesssss said:

How about a course server, DR server, MC server, or even deag server? I would play those all the time! 

We gotta stop adding servers and focus on the ones that we have right now. Only three of our servers have constant population. ZE server should be our last added server for awhile until we can either revive our current ones, or ditch them completely. 

ditch course, DR, and deag and we good:Kappa:

Honestly combat surf is fun, when the community behind it isnt toxic, which is exceedingly rare. Most combat surf servers I go on have toxic 10 year olds and people constantly being sweaty and toxic af. Im friends with someone who owns a smaller combat surf server and even then it constantly eats up his time. Honestly a good idea but unless a lot of people devote thier time to the community and coding plugins I dont think its worth it. 

Neutral rep

21 minutes ago, Noodlesssss said:

How about a course server, DR server, MC server, or even deag server? I would play those all the time! 

We gotta stop adding servers and focus on the ones that we have right now. Only three of our servers have constant population. ZE server should be our last added server for awhile until we can either revive our current ones, or ditch them completely. 

smh no 1v1 

17 minutes ago, Bucket said:

OK, so we ditch those then ditch the combat surf idea since 6 people isn't enough for the owners to reasonably spend time and resources on a server.

You guys need to understand that these servers don't magically appear, and the money doesn't either. People have to not only pay for the server itself, but find/source plugins for the server, which can also cost even more money, and especially time, and all that work typically amounts to a low-to-zero population server. I always tell people, if YOU'RE willing to pay for it, then by all means, do it.

Posted (edited)

I really think we shouldn't add new servers because they're just going to die within a week. Prime examples of this are deathrun, minigames, and deagle. At this point, adding new servers and setting them up is just a waste of time for the devs... time which could be used to fix bugs and improve our other servers that have a population.

Also, the way I see it with adding servers is that if there are other communities with the same server gamemode that have a good population playing, then more than likely our server would not get pop (again, a prime example of this would be with our deagle server compared to PRG's deagle server).

Edited by B0xerZ

Posted (edited)

I do think that combat surf is a fun game mode, but there is a constant theme of asking for servers, those servers being worked on, then the server dying within a week. Might I suggest possibly hopping on to the MiniGames server? The closest thing we have to Combat-Surf at the moment, is tower maps like Velocity tower, Super tower and more! The great thing about our MiniGames server is that there are so many maps worth playing and being on the server shouldn't grow stale, other than combat surf being on the same map for the entirety of that server's run time. MG, I feel, Serves as a Variety server where you can play essentially any game mode! Want to play ScoutsKnives? There's a variant of it in some maps! Feeling like running a casual Course or Climb? MiniGames has that too! With the current population being very low, I't has a high potential to be what the community wants it to be, For those casual or competitive alike!

Please do consider bringing friends and adding any feedback!

Edited by Nairb

22 hours ago, Bucket said:

trading non pop servers for other servers that will eventually die the same doesnt make sense

I would love for SNG to add this feature. Having a new game with refresh the community and bring more attention to SNG. 

Posted (edited)
On 4/29/2020 at 9:13 PM, August said:

Edited by DKMIP