colin

Admin abuse - M17

1) Admin's in game name(s) - M17

2) Steam ID(s) of reported admin(s) - STEAM_0:0:82252825

3) Reason for report being made - so me, samy, jay and a couple of others were having a fun time on ttt. One round Samy becomes the detective and says "im a t" (as a joke) and we start saying "kos samy" (as a joke) M17 decided to take the kos seriously even though it was pretty obvious we were all just joking around and having a good time, as there is no logical way that a detective can be a traitor at the same time, so, M17 says "false kos, kos colin" after I said kos samy. He then begins to shoot me, and I shot back and killed him with an awp. 

He starts saying how that was not allowed and it was a false kos or i rdmmed him or some shit like that and decides to slay me for it using slaynr, I remove my slay because it was a bullshit slay, and M17 just slays me as soon as the round started. He left right after. 

Either way he was the one who shot first and so I killed him... and he slayed me for that. kinda bs ngl

4) Evidence against admin(s) being reported - here are the logs,

2081538847_m17.png.2cca50c993c935e8ae5b175b673dd548.pngsmh.thumb.png.d65fd87ba28f4e63a509b87eaa7dd00b.png 

im sure @Samy @Jayyyyy @Mikoliko can confirm what I said

also @Duckyy i know this instance isnt that serious but its a demonstration of what happens whenever M17 comes on, he manages to ruin the fun one way or another and it makes ttt just worse

Edited by colinkr

pretty sure you would need video evidence for anything to really happen

also, imo, not that serious, a little misunderstanding, technically he has the right to slay you for kosing a detective (i guess idk). 

Going by the rules, calling a KOS on innocents is a traitorous after and so he had every right to kill you in that situation. So the slay was reasonable.

However, I don’t know who was on at the time or the context before this so I’m gonna wait for both sides of the story before coming to a conclusion. @M17

I think both parties are in the wrong here (judging off of what I’ve read).

I don’t care if you guys are messing around and having fun AS LONG as there are not other players on because that would cause a lot of confusion. I also know that you guys don’t do this type of shit unless if it’s just a select group of friends that are in TS together and are messing around.

I think you guys should’ve just solved this problem in the ingame admin chat and/or PM’s. This report seems pretty stupid in my opinion.

@M17 just going to say this here, please stop being nazi on TTT. I don’t have anything against you but everytime you’re on TTT, you just kill it by ruining the fun. Let other players have their fun, And especially in these times, TTT needs pop. You gotta be lax & stern when needed.

@colinkr I already know that you know the rules on TTT. I think maybe next time just don’t do this type of stuff when other people are on.

16 minutes ago, B0xerZ said:

I think you guys should’ve just solved this problem in the ingame admin chat and/or PM’s. This report seems pretty stupid in my opinion.

I understand I could have talked to M17 prior, however he left the game after so I couldnt use admin chat, and every time I have pm'ed him on steam nothing gets resolved. I dont wanna say I hate you M17, however I feel like most of us have just come to expect to not have fun on ttt as long as you are online, and this is the very thing I have talked to you about previously in dms and yet here we are.

16 minutes ago, B0xerZ said:

I think maybe next time just don’t do this type of stuff when other people are on.

Also, I was not the only one doing this, as basically the whole server at the time were people who actually got the joke.

29 minutes ago, Diam0ndz said:

Going by the rules, calling a KOS on innocents is a traitorous after and so he had every right to kill you in that situation. So the slay was reasonable.

Samy was a detective, not an inno, and even before that he (as a joke) said "im a t" and I was not the only one to (as a joke) kos samy. M17 started shooting me first, and I shot back in defense (because for all I know he could have been a t) , so I dont think the slay was reasonable.

Edited by colinkr

@Oceanman @coolduck @coolduck Please keep replies actually relevant to this admin report

I think it would have been pretty clear that calling KOS on the detective was obviously a joke, and there would be no reason to kill someone for doing so. Also, I think @M17 can often unnecessarily enforce rules or just generally take the vibe of the server down by taking things a bit too seriously.

However, while the KOS might have been due to miscommunication, I think the slay was unjustified as well as leaving afterwards while I assume colin was trying to figure out why you slayed him.

Would like to hear what @M17 has to say

• If KOSed and you know it is false (no logic behind it/KOSer lying about reasoning), you may kill the player who KOSed you.

This only implies when it is a false KOS in which M17 had reasoning to KOS. I don’t think there is a set rule when it comes to innos defending themselves against KOS with valid reasoning (by shooting back)@Klitch. M17 has the right to slay you but typically in this sort of context a warning would be most advised if taken seriously 

Edited by Blueberry

7 hours ago, B0xerZ said:

I think both parties are in the wrong here (judging off of what I’ve read).

alright here's my 2 cents on this complete shit show

@M17 Personally, I think any person with half a brain could deduce from this situation that it was all a joke considering Samy was the one that started it as the Detective saying he was T. Colin made a stupid joke for TTT and false kos'd Samy, clearly going along with his original joke. When you came in and called him out on the false kos you weren't necessarily incorrect about that or in the wrong for shooting him, but that's just a fucking stupid thing to do imo. We're trying to keep TTT fun and light (and that's not just lately, we've been pushing that for 3+ months now), and all this does is cause unnecessary rifts between admins and hinders normal gameplay for all. Also, if you put a slay on another admin and they take it off, try to talk with them and if they're a prick just go to a higher admin. Don't cause more bullshit and slay him then disconnect. As you have been told many times in the past, please just relax in game a bit more, don't take everything so seriously and take a harder look at your actions both in the past and moving forward.

@colinkr M17's KOS was not incorrect and him attempting to kill you was justified, and as a relatively active admin on TTT I kinda expected you to know that. Based on that, you were in the wrong for attempting to kill M17 despite what you may think, and despite how unnecessary it was, he had justification to slay you for a round. As such, you shouldn't have removed his slay especially considering he is a super admin for TTT and most likely knows the rules in question. If you have a problem with the reasoning behind the slay, you can attempt to discuss it with him or bring it to another admin (such as myself) if it continues to be an issue. 

3 hours ago, Klitch said:

If you have a problem with the reasoning behind the slay, you can attempt to discuss it with him or bring it to another admin (such as myself) if it continues to be an issue. 

ok, I will keep that in mind for the next time, however I more have a problem with the fact that I was definitely not the only one to kos samy, yet he only calls kos on me, and only goes after me. kinda seems like targeting to me. I'm fine admitting I shouldn't have removed the slay, considering what you have told me, however I'm still more annoyed at the fact that I was the only one to get kos'd off of a silly joke, and thats basically what happens every time M17 gets on in one way or another, he will do something that makes you question why hes taking a community server so seriously when theres no need to, and when he can simply just have fun too.

5 hours ago, Blueberry said:

If KOSed and you know it is false (no logic behind it/KOSer lying about reasoning), you may kill the player who KOSed you.

also, this looks like its only meant for the person I would have called kos on, not some innocent trying to defend a detective from an obvious joke of a kos, but I wouldn't know

Edited by colinkr

Ok so here's my perspective.

In this specific case I had been on for at least 5 rounds where there weren't any issues.  On the round in question, after some seconds into the round, I hear colin kos samy.  I did not hear samy say "I'm a T", other people call kos samy, or anything implying a false kos was going to be called on purpose as a joke.  I also only heard colin call kos and didn't hear anyone else call kos.  But since colin called kos, I repeated the kos.  After some seconds, I realized that samy was a detective, so I kos'd colin.  No one corrected me, told me it was a joke, or gave me any reason to call off my kos.  After at least a few seconds I found you and shot at you but you killed me.  Samy killed you a few seconds later.

Now that both of us were dead, I then said in admin chat something along the lines of "colin don't do that".  I definitely should have specified what I meant by this, but conveniently Samy or Salty (I can't remember which) asked what I meant in admin chat.  I responded in admin chat something along the lines of "he false kos'd a detective for no reason".   You guys told me it was a joke so I just tried to ignore it and move on without slaying you or mentioning it further.  However, in the pregame time of the next round, you started talking in voice chat about it being a joke over and over and that I can’t have fun.  This lead me to believe that no matter how many times I tell you not to false kos, you will keep doing it.  This lead me to slay colin for 1 round.  He then removed the slay and because I knew he would keep removing the slay, I slayed him manually at the beginning of the round.  

I’ve warned colin in the past about false kos’s multiple times.  I understand that you like to have fun and make jokes which is why I don't remember ever doing anything about it in the past besides questioning why you would do that and warning you not to false kos.  Though it may be somewhat annoying to me personally to just die to the random shooting because people don't know who called the original kos or started shooting first, I understand a lot of other people are having fun with the chaos and don’t intend it to be malicious.  However, when breaking the rules leads to many people randomly shooting each other out of confusion, it crosses a line.  Just because you find the joke funny, it doesn’t mean that the people on the other end find it funny.  I didn’t slay you because you killed me.  I slayed you because you false kos’d which lead to us both shooting at each other as innocents and because you didn’t acknowledge that you breaking the rule had any impact.

Edited by M17

M17 is known as the admin who abides by the rules and does his job. I really dont see how he could receive any punishment or backlash for just being an admin. I agree, having fun on ttt with friends is great, and some people, other than just m17, will enforce any rule breaking, but you cant be mad at the way he admins. Also, he left right after, so i dont see why you couldnt just move on and go back to the fun since he is gone.

So I think it’s pretty clear that M17 didn’t know you were joking around and the kill/slay was valid and not bs(although I do believe we can all agree that M17 takes admining and jokes too seriously). 

As admins, you guys need to communicate and figure out what happened before getting your panties all tied up and making an admin complaint on another admin. There’s multiple points where either of you could have messaged each other and said something like “Why did you try to kill me” or “Why did you slay me.” There’s nothing that happened that should have caused a complaint to be made. Communication is key.