Rain

Favourite Anime OP / ED?

Hellu  _( :𝟥 」∠)_
sorry if there's already been a thread like this before, but I was looking for more bangers so here we are. 

What are your favourite opening/ending songs?

I have a couple, but a recent is Union from SSSS Gridman: (make sure your volume isn't too loud)
Others: A Cruel Angel's Thesis / NGE, Tank & Real Folk Blues / Cowboy Bebop,  History Maker / Yuri on ice, Wonderland / The Wonderland

Also if anyone has an AniList feel free to drop it, I will follow ^^;

Posted (edited)

pretty big fan of lots of the megalo box music, ending is pretty decent too

kinda forget how i found this second one but its cool

also for the full weebs

Edited by Winny

Posted (edited)

@Rain Since you just gave me yet another trigger show to binge, here's space patrol luluco's opening

Here's iroduku's opening, this show made me cry like a baby, imo it's better to watch without reading any synopsis

ReLife

Finally, Engaged to the Unidentified's opening

@Winny meglobox was a fuckin banger of a show, mad respect.

Here's my anilist: https://anilist.co/user/thegenuinerage/

Edited by rage

Posted (edited)

This playlist has all of the OPs/EDs that immediately came to mind as being ones I absolutely love. Also, since I couldn't add it to the playlist cause screw Youtube, pretend this song is in there too.

It is in no way shape or form ordered as far as "favs at top" or anything like that, I just tried to put the similar genres together so it wasn't super jarring when listening to the playlist (jazzy all together, metal together, etc.). I tried using the full version of the songs as well, but the animation is often times part of what makes me love them so much so if you like the song I'd check out the actual OP too.

As far as my actual top 5 goes here's the order:

1. "Kyoumen no Nami" by YURiKA. (Houseki no Kuni OP).

• I just absolutely love everything Houseki no Kuni. It's my favorite manga by far, the anime is beautiful, the OP has absolutely stunning animation, and to top it all off a great song alongside it.

2. "Aku no Hana" by Uchujin. (Aku no Hana OP1-4). 

• While this is *TECHNICALLY* 4 separate openings, each of them can be strung together to make one fluid song. Each of the first three openings are sung by one of the main characters and the tone, lyrics, instrumentals, EVERYTHING goes along perfectly with how that character is. To be specific, my favorite one of the 4 is the first one which is sung by the character Sawa Nakamura from the story, and it is genuinely her personality perfectly transferred to song form. Aku no Hana is probably in my top 3 mangas, and while the anime is a lackluster adaptation the OPs were a genuinely great part to come from the adaptation. 

3. "Dancing Star" by Izumi Kobayashi. (Urusei Yatsura OP 2).

• An absolute staple of 80's anime and 80's anime music. Truly not much to say about this other than this song is just an uplifting banger. If I didn't have this here, I'd put Lum no Love Song (OP1) here instead for the same reasoning.

4. "Deal with the devil" by Tia. (Kakegurui OP1).

• I'm just love jazzy anime openings what can I say? In all honesty though the chaotic jazzy nature of this song perfectly captures exactly what goes down in the anime. An insane song for an insane anime.

5. "Inkya Impulse" by Hina Kino, Rika Nagae, Konomi Kohara feat. Ikepy & KSKN. (Asobi Asobase ED).

• I cannot get over how much I love the animation for this one. For some reason the style on it just vibes with me perfectly. Also, the music goes hard as hell which I love for a comedy anime with such a soothing opening. OPs/EDs that you wouldn't expect to go with the anime (Flyers and Death Parade for example) make me like them just as much as ones that fit perfectly.

Thanks for the post! Long answer from me since I had nothing better to do. :^)