Skynet Gaming x Tango 5v5 Event! ×

[Application] » Operator (TTT) » M17

• Player Name
    M17
  • Steam ID
    STEAM_0:0:82252825
  • Steam Profile URL
  • Is your forum account linked to Steam?
    Yes
  • Why would you be a good Operator?
    I would make a good Operator because I am active on the server, have been playing on the server for a long time, and know the rules well. I also have multiple ideas to raise the server population including specific times on specific days to pop the server and ideas for new ttt shop items and maybe even slight changes to the gamemode.
    • We organized a post (Klitch and I) in which admins can include the times they can join the server and encourage others to do so in order to have a more consistent playerbase.
    • I have some ideas for new items in the ttt shop such as a temporary speed boost, a detective locator, a random teleporter for all players (may be too crazy), and lightning which kills one player.
    • I also had the idea of making changes to some rounds, often by making some restrictions
      • Lightning round (2:00 timelimit, no detectives or tazers)
      • Scoped-weapons only round
      • Pistol only round
  • What changes would you make to the mapcycle, if any, to make the server more enjoyable?
    In terms of maps to add, the only map I can think of adding back at the moment is ttt_afterglow_v1. However, I will keep looking for maps to add in the future. For maps to remove, I found some maps that I think the community should vote on to determine if they should be removed: ttt_breakthrough_v1, ttt_cityscape_b2, ttt_desperados_v3_fixv1, ttt_island17_pezversion, ttt_mcvillage_b3-c, and ttt_office_sg_v2_1. However, ttt_princess_terminal_f1-1 should be removed because we have our own version in the mapcycle already. Finally, I would like to add guns to a few specific maps.
  • What rule changes would you make, if any, to make the server more enjoyable?
    The only changes I would make to the rules would be too include one or two logical situations such as explicitly stating that if a detective scans a tazed proven player, the detective can call KOS on the killer.
  • Do you understand you the role that TTT Operator plays in SNG?
    Yes
  • Have you read and met all requirements for this position?
    Yes
Edited by M17
Included some of my specific ideas for the server

neutral leaning -rep to be honest, I appreciate your efforts to pop ttt, however you, as an admin, take things way too far and can end up pissing a lot of people off. Between all the memes about you and your "M17 day" on jb, and how I constantly see you on kz or even playing tf2 at times ttt has pop I don't think that you are the best suited right now. I could be proven wrong, and you can loosen up and try to have more fun when on ttt, but just last night tie was in teamspeak and you just kicked him out of the channel for no reason whatsoever, when he didn't even use his mic. That really doesn't seem like you are trying to have fun, and shows me that you take things way to seriously when anything is directed at you. The fact that you straight up kicked him without asking him if he was the one talking to you is pretty petty imo and to be honest ive talked to you in the past about loosening up and you still haven't, which makes me hesitant to believe you would be able to when given op.

however, I will add that the fact that you enforce rules a lot on servers you are on shows that you care about the server, so if you get op im sure you will try to do your best to pop it. Im just hoping you change how you look at playing the gamemode and try to have more fun.

edit: adding that one time I talked to you on kz, I asked you if you wanted to go for ttt op and I remember your response being something along the lines of no, so im not really sure asto why you are going for op now.

gl on you app tho.

Edited by colinkr

Every time I've seen you on the servers (not even just TTT), you've had a stick up your ass and would ruin the fun for most of the people on the server. You constantly enforce the smallest rules, you tend to try and gain control over every little thing, and make people want to leave. Maybe you've changed, but you're basically @shots in my eyes. 

Maybe you've got good ideas on bringing back TTT pop, maybe you're committed (for now at least) to try and repop the server, but at the end of the day, you're still M17. Sorry, but there's bound to be a better candidate. Take it personally or don't, but don't dwell on my opinion for too long.

-rep

-rep NO SHOT BUCKO

i think noodles put it perfectly, you are M17. Not a fan favorite of the community and just not operator material (doesnt seem like that matters tho...).

Good on you for trying to populate ttt and all that, but ttt for sng is honestly dead. TTT will just have those times of population, i dont see it having its small community anytime soon. However, i do like your ideas of implenting new things, and i do think that with how TTT is right now, changes would make it really fun in the times it is popping. But, you are just not the one.

Gonna have to say -rep on this. It's just your attitude on the servers man, I've told you in admin chat on the servers numerous times before to just take a chill pill, and I haven't really seen any improvements. If you don't listen to me I can't help you, and with the way you enforce rules on the server I really can't see you maintaining a population on TTT, much less one that I feel I would enjoy playing with.

Neutral. 

I don't really know you and haven't played with you much, but I've never personally had a positive experience with you. You seem to constantly be on edge or just simply unfriendly, and it's really off putting especially when we know nothing about eachother : ( 

However, I haven't played with you enough to make a strong opinion on the matter, so good luck on your application.

+rep I play with m17 constantly on KZ and I know he can be uptight sometimes regarding some rules, and I originally disliked him, however, after getting to know him better, and understanding his personality I can call him my friend and I know how much he cares for TTT and he's definitely qualified to be an operator. He also has ideas to bring it back to life. Honestly in my opinion I haven't really seen anyone as committed to bringing back the server to life than him.

+rep I feel as though M17 gets a lot of hate even though he isn't that bad of a person truly. Once you get to know him, he grows on you. I respect that he wants to improve himself, and improve the community he enjoys playing with. He is probably the admin i know most to be involved in TTT, and I believe that if he has more ideas than others to boost the server and make it diverse then he should definitely be a strong consideration. 

-rep

@Noodlesssss said it right. I feel like you need to know when to be stern and when to be lax when coming on the servers. Ngl everytime I am on server with you, you seem to pick on the little stuff when it's not a big deal which makes people leave. It is great that you are popping the server and creating events, but I just don't see you fit for this position.

I do see you on KZ more than TTT. 

Given that I know you a good chunk of time M17, sometimes you definitely do take things very seriously to a point where some people are annoyed.

I also can understand the whole "memeing" on M17 days (I'll admit, even I do that sometimes too, so I'm sorry for that.)

But, in all deep consideration, should you want to take on a prominent role like Operator for TTT is a huge step forward for sure.

No hard feelings man, I would like a TTT operator but maybe you'll just need a little bit more time.

Good luck regardless.

Neutral leaning to -rep

Yea my man takes things a little bit too much, but has much passion for TTT. I definitely can see M17 being a good op, yes he has his tilt moments, I'm not sure if he has changed to be more better as of now, but I think M17 is the best bet for TTT to grow. He is a long time playa and I know TTT can flourish. 

I agree a lot with Bung ^

+rep gl

I think everyone here can agree that you need to change your attitude. Many people, including myself, have told you to chill out on the servers multiple times but I haven't seen that happen at all. You still continue to be very nazi on TTT and in reality that just makes many people not want to play TTT when you are on.

Now when it comes to experience and having knowledge in TTT, I think you do quite well in that area. You've been playing for years and with that experience you've gained a lot of knowledge in TTT. If you can get your attitude straight on the servers and show me and others that you can change it, I would be willing to +rep this but as of right now, it is a -rep...

Good luck on your application

On 8/30/2020 at 6:27 PM, Noodlesssss said:

Every time I've seen you on the servers (not even just TTT), you've had a stick up your ass and would ruin the fun for most of the people on the server. You constantly enforce the smallest rules, you tend to try and gain control over every little thing, and make people want to leave. Maybe you've changed, but you're basically @shots in my eyes. 

Maybe you've got good ideas on bringing back TTT pop, maybe you're committed (for now at least) to try and repop the server, but at the end of the day, you're still M17. Sorry, but there's bound to be a better candidate. Take it personally or don't, but don't dwell on my opinion for too long.

-rep

That's kinda rough my g, I haven't even played here in a minute and iv'e changed believe it or not lol.

but even if i haven't played it's nothing against you m17 i just couldn't see you as an operator, because you were extremely similar to me when i was toxic af and i personally believe you still will be and it won't create a good environment for TTT. Neutral leaning towards -rep

• 5 months later...
  • Box locked this topic