Jump to content
Existing user? Sign In

Sign In



Sign Up
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brodie.R.

[Application] » Server Admin » Brodie.R.

Recommended Posts

  • Player Name
    Brodie
  • Steam ID
    STEAM_1:1:520293720
  • Steam Profile URL
  • Is your forum account linked to Steam?
    Yes
  • Age
    15
  • Admin Recommendations
    broge, samy, noob sauce, extacy,
  • Why would you be a good admin?
    I feel that I would be a good admin because I am active and help a lot of the new players out. I am dedicated to getting deathrun back to its former glory.
  • Primary Server
    Deathrun
  • Secondary Servers
    KZ, AWP
  • Have you read and met all requirements for this position?
    Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

+rep helped me a lot throughout my times of playing dr. But like Colin said it might be a long process so don’t go off the grid lmao good luck. :SantaPls:
 

 

 

Changing to neutral what big augo man said is true but I don’t know about the homosexual slurs. I remember that those things were said about diamondz. Not a good way to represent your self to the owners of sng. But he does really help people a lot in sng.

 

 

i am now being informed that he apologized to diamondz and there all cool back to ++ rep 😂 gl :SantaPls:

Edited by Evdog ♛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

+rep
I understand that the server needs moderation while its population is low since the only supers are hellhound, memes and myself currently, and all 3 of us don't play when the server is only like 3-4 people. He's active during the times of low population and would be a good fit to moderate it. (also somehow got hellhound and I to join when the server had 2 people so he's doing great) gl gamer but you're probably guaranteed admin o7

Edit: My stance has slightly changed however I think he'd still be fine for admin, having beef with multiple users is a little concerning as I didn't know about that before-hand. Joking around on deathrun with meming about activating is NORMAL, however, please don't say things that could make admins look bad such as using admin powers to dish out punishment as a joke. It makes the admin team look bad and gives a bad impression to new players who may even think you are admin joking around. I do understand asking for "at what point would you dish out x punishment", but considering it's about the personal beef with these players it's a little worrisome. I do know he wants to pop DR and is getting like 5~ people on every so often which is nice, but in all honesty that alone isn't admin material. Brodie is a good person and he IS fit for admin at least on deathrun, but chill out a bit and try to squash the beef you have with people. neutral leaning towards +rep

 @Brodie.R. also I read further down that you want things implemented in DR to get it popping, if so PLEASE tell the future operator about the changes and even @ Diam0ndz about the changes you think can help pop DR. It's not going to pop like it used to without changes so if you have anything that can help contribute on things to add to DR in order to revive it, please give suggestions whenever you have them. IDC about diamondz not liking you or whatever but both of you want DR to be revived so please work towards that by giving ideas instead of sitting on them.

Edited by wooper
My +rep changed to neutral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+reo

Brodie is constantly on the server even if it's only just him and one other person, and he always tries to get people to join and stay on the deathrun server. I think he is a good fit for an admin, especially on the dr server. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From speaking to him on teamspeak I can tell he is passionate towards deathrun and I believe he'd do well for sng as a server admin

+rep unironically deathrun's saviour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+rep

Brodie literally knows everything about deathrun, hes active 24/7 and tries to have fun every single time hes playing. He loves to show off his skills with hard to do skips and huge strafes which is quite impressive if you ask me. Ive seen him teach new people the basics of deathrun and more experienced people cool map secrets and skips (since that he knows them all).

Hes very qualified and mature for his age

Gl on your app :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-rep

Brodie is very skilled at deathrun and I have seen him help many people but then there has been several occasions where he has just been a complete and utter asshole out of the blue, and he will keep this behavior for sometimes weeks towards the same people and he keeps talking about banning people he just doesn't like on the server, He then starts complaining about how Diamondz wouldn't give him server admin for "personal reasons". He also gets annoyed when people start playing the mode how you're supposed to (i.e. activating traps as the T), and even called a literal child a slur that is used against homosexuals for doing so. Brodie is halfway there but still has much to work on and needs to change his approach and way of thinking for if he gets admin abilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, BigAuguMan said:

-rep

Brodie is very skilled at deathrun and I have seen him help many people but then there has been several occasions where he has just been a complete and utter asshole out of the blue, and he will keep this behavior for sometimes weeks towards the same people and he keeps talking about banning people he just doesn't like on the server, He then starts complaining about how Diamondz wouldn't give him server admin for "personal reasons". He also gets annoyed when people start playing the mode how you're supposed to (i.e. activating traps as the T), and even called a literal child a slur that is used against homosexuals for doing so. Brodie is halfway there but still has much to work on and needs to change his approach and way of thinking for if he gets admin abilities.

you actually come on the server and be extremely toxic and then micspam with your soundboard so I am confused as to why you wrote this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Brodie.R. said:

you actually come on the server and be extremely toxic and then micspam with your soundboard so I am confused as to why you wrote this.

typically, i would advise against responding to others comments on your app, however i will say that this time you do have a valid point, as I have had to mute bigauguman for micspam in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2020 at 8:45 PM, BigAuguMan said:

-rep

Brodie is very skilled at deathrun and I have seen him help many people but then there has been several occasions where he has just been a complete and utter asshole out of the blue, and he will keep this behavior for sometimes weeks towards the same people and he keeps talking about banning people he just doesn't like on the server, He then starts complaining about how Diamondz wouldn't give him server admin for "personal reasons". He also gets annoyed when people start playing the mode how you're supposed to (i.e. activating traps as the T), and even called a literal child a slur that is used against homosexuals for doing so. Brodie is halfway there but still has much to work on and needs to change his approach and way of thinking for if he gets admin abilities.

odd to me that @ Diam0ndz would say no giving you admin when previously all he promoted brogan for was playtime, and that's the thing you're known for, but alrighty. Also this is the first time I've heard anything about Brodie being immature or an asshole for no reason unless he's just acting in front of admins which I doubt. I also noticed that you and @yeetusthefeetus just kinda have it out for the guy. This isn't to say that it's all incorrect, but just frankly he hasn't done any of it in front of any of the people who have +repped him

Edit: edited my previous post on my new stance on brodie, but most of this still stands.

Edited by wooper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, colinkr said:

typically, i would advise against responding to others comments on your app, however i will say that this time you do have a valid point, as I have had to mute bigauguman for micspam in the past.

I will agree with you here as, yes, I have been acting like an ass and I have been stupid with my sounboard, however, I have stopped after a short bit and have been doing nothing asshole-ish for a while now, unless just generally shit talking and messing around with others on the servers

 

11 hours ago, wooper said:

odd to me that @ Diam0ndz would say no giving you admin when previously all he promoted brogan for was playtime, and that's the thing you're known for, but alrighty. Also this is the first time I've heard anything about Brodie being immature or an asshole for no reason unless he's just acting in front of admins which I doubt. I also noticed that you and @yeetusthefeetus just kinda have it out for the guy. This isn't to say that it's all incorrect, but just frankly he hasn't done any of it in front of any of the people who have +repped him

Mr. wooper, for all the wrongdoing @yeetusthefeetus and I have done, I can assure you that we were just being assholes and shit talking playfully and had no malicious intention, in layman's terms we were just fucking around and didn't mean to come across as having it out for him. Also, there are numerous occasions where Brodie has talked about banning and muting people because he didn't like them and has constantly bitched about how @ Diam0ndz didn't originally give him admin because of "personal reasons". In the end, I have no problem with Brodie or really anyone on the server, even if my assholeness and my annoynance may go a bit too far, I just personally think that Brodie is needs to grow up a bit mature-wise and also needs to let go of shit that happened in the past and learn from it, he is really good at deathrun and is very good at helping new players get the hang of things, and he is also trying to revive the server which I can really appreciate. Brodie is far but not far enough, he needs to make that extra effort to get down that last stretch.

 

11 hours ago, Brodie.R. said:

you actually come on the server and be extremely toxic and then micspam with your soundboard so I am confused as to why you wrote this.

I've played on the server many times before that, and yes, I can't excuse my actions cuz I was just being a straight piece of shit. Also, just cuz I am a piece of shit doesn't mean I can't provide constructive criticism, you are halfway there dude but half ain't gonna cut it. You are very good at the game mode and you can be very helpful to newcomers, all you need to do to get down that extra mile is a change of attitude. I may be an asshole to you on the server but in the end I don't have any malicious intent and I got no problems with you, you just need to do better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 hey i can be an asshole but im not gonna prevent u from getting admin

also plz get that SIMP AUGU banned.  JK love u BigAuguMan

-rep I was plus repping until I read Collins post mentioning that you were trying to get evidence to perma ban augu.  I use to think that you were joking about banning people because you did not like them but after this looks like you were not joking.

 

Edited by yeetusthefeetus
Learned new information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gonna have to change my opinion here and it’s to do with augu. i think you are a nice dude and i still doubt you would have a hard time popping deathrun/being a good admin there. but considering the beef you guys have and the fact that augu essentially wrote a 10page essay on here clearly proves you guys have beef, and while i have had to mute him in the past he has somewhat changed and generally i have less problems with him, yet you asked me how much evidence would be needed for a perm mute on him. 

the fact that I haven’t had any problems with him recently and the fact that most of the people on the server don’t have a problem makes me think you would have a hard time being subjective as as admin, letting personal discrepancies get in the way. 

additionally, some people have told me that they would be a little worried if you got admin, as on deathrun you often say things like “oh your activating? i’m gonna ban you” which i understand is a joke, however some people don’t really find it funny, and new people to deathrun could get confused and will be scared of activating, and to be honest, saying those types of things isn’t really admin material imo. 

dont get me wrong you still are a great person, and i want you to get admin, so i’m telling you this hopefully so you can improve and realize that as an admin you gotta be neutral and try not to be biased and not let personal issues get in the way. hopefully you can improve and i’m sure if you do you could be a great admin.

i hope you can take this as the constructive criticism it is, and not as something personal. I really do feel like you want to help out deathrun and I feel like some people that -rep you due to some small things that you definitely can work on don’t see the bigger picture of you getting admin, and how much you legitimately do care about the server, and that’s why i’m not opposed to admin, but seeing as you know dr rules well trial for deathrun is probably the best route. if you get it, seeing you improve as an admin there would be key, and ultimately i know you can do it.

anyways good luck.

 

Edited by colinkr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, colinkr said:

gonna have to change my opinion here and it’s to do with augu. i think you are a nice dude and i still doubt you would have a hard time popping deathrun/being a good admin there. but considering the beef you guys have and the fact that augu essentially wrote a 10page essay on here clearly proves you guys have beef, and while i have had to mute him in the past he has somewhat changed and generally i have less problems with him, yet you asked me how much evidence would be needed for a perm mute on him. 

the fact that I haven’t had any problems with him recently and the fact that most of the people on the server don’t have a problem makes me think you would have a hard time being subjective as as admin, letting personal discrepancies get in the way. 

additionally, some people have told me that they would be a little worried if you got admin, as on deathrun you often say things like “oh your activating? i’m gonna ban you” which i understand is a joke, however some people don’t really find it funny, and new people to deathrun could get confused and will be scared of activating, and to be honest, saying those types of things isn’t really admin material imo. 

dont get me wrong you still are a great person, and i want you to get admin, so i’m telling you this hopefully so you can improve and realize that as an admin you gotta be subjective and not let personal issues get in the way. hopefully you can improve and i’m sure if you do you could be a great admin.

anyways good luck.

 

    Colin, I respect the fact that you are trying to be real here, however there is more problems with BigAuguMan than just me. Sure he likes to pick on me more than the rest however, notice how I asked you how much evidence I would need to perm mute just because I want to try and make the deathrun community a more positive place and not have to tell new players to mute him because of the amount of toxicity he conveys. My second problem with this is the fact that someone told you that I say "oh your activating? i'm gonna ban you", which one, I don't say and I do say that "I don't care if you activate, that is how you play the game so do whatever you want". I would really like to know where you are getting your information from. If I were admin, every single time I would issue a punishment I would consult with a higher up admin if the evidence I provide is in fact enough for the punishment that I would put out, unless the reasons are clearly obvious like a Server crashing threat. The main reason I want admin is to try and grow the community of deathrun on sng back up. I have ideas that may be implemented and improve the deathrun experience for all players, new and old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2020 at 11:20 AM, Brodie.R. said:

    Colin, I respect the fact that you are trying to be real here, however there is more problems with BigAuguMan than just me. Sure he likes to pick on me more than the rest however, notice how I asked you how much evidence I would need to perm mute just because I want to try and make the deathrun community a more positive place and not have to tell new players to mute him because of the amount of toxicity he conveys. My second problem with this is the fact that someone told you that I say "oh your activating? i'm gonna ban you", which one, I don't say and I do say that "I don't care if you activate, that is how you play the game so do whatever you want". I would really like to know where you are getting your information from. If I were admin, every single time I would issue a punishment I would consult with a higher up admin if the evidence I provide is in fact enough for the punishment that I would put out, unless the reasons are clearly obvious like a Server crashing threat. The main reason I want admin is to try and grow the community of deathrun on sng back up. I have ideas that may be implemented and improve the deathrun experience for all players, new and old.

that’s fine honestly but i have heard you say suff like your activating i’m banning you in the past and clearly it isn’t only me hearing it as others have aswell, now this was a few weeks ago so you might have changed and that’s great, but also you shouldn’t be consulting a higher up every time u dish out a punishment, if you do what’s the point of you getting admin? you gotta be confident with your powers and shouldn’t second guess yourself, or ur gonna be like spooky when he first got admin.

Edited by colinkr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are several things I like about you:

+ You are very active

+ Very committed to making Deathrun populated

And I also have a few concerns about you too:

- The drama above about Augu and yourself

- If you "ban" someone for activating traps as a T (to be honest, I always activate traps as a T, I love that aspect of Deathrun)

- You went AFK one time I visited Deathrun (for 1.5 hours) to the point I had to use !calladmin but no admin responded to my call on maps where there was no map death trigger installed (e.g. Family Guy)

- The whole "personal beef" issue with Diamondz

- You are arguing with other people without a reason

- If you aren't sure about what to do as an admin, second guessing could become problematic

Overall, you have lots of good points, but also lots of sketchy points.

I'll write this as my stance:

Neutral, leaning to -rep.

EDIT 3 Sept 15, 2020: I think you should be ok with Trial Admin for Deathrun. Please talk to other admins beforehand and don't use your power wrongfully.

Edited by Warden Flamewater

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-rep

Even though I don't know you, I think you would be problematic as an admin just based on the posts on this application.

On 9/13/2020 at 1:20 PM, Brodie.R. said:

If I were admin, every single time I would issue a punishment I would consult with a higher up admin if the evidence I provide is in fact enough for the punishment

If you were admin and every single time you would ask a higher up what to do then you shouldn't be admin. It's understandable to do it in the beginning but if you're applying for admin you should already know the rules and expect to enforce it on your own. You can ask a higher up for insight if you're unaware but you got to do somethings on your own.

Honestly speaking, I think you should get trial admin if you're accepted. If you prove over the course of the month you can handle admin on one server then you should have no problems being a regular admin.

*I'm not trying to attack you but I'm just giving my opinion based on what I've read*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+rep really chill dude who tries to pop the DR server despite no one being On, and even going staying on for hours by yourself just to get at least on person. Would make a good admin, however you do have some attitude issues you could fix but other than that you would make a great admin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+rep the kid is active on servers and forums, he is clearly trying to populate a server, which is something you guys care so much about from admins. A lot of what people are saying on this is quite ironic considering i know a lot of admins that literally went to a higher up or admin chat to ask for a punishment, and while you should know what to do on your own, nothing wrong with a second point of view. It is also ironic how people are -repping because he has "beef" with members, when there are admins who have vendettas against members on sng and go out there way to punish them. Everyone is going to hate someone, especially on an online gaming community, its just if he doesnt abuse his powers. against him, and based off of the recs and +reps he has received from others, seems he wouldnt do that. give the kid admin and see what he can do to help deathrun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

About Us

Skynet Gaming is a gaming community founded in 2015 that serves to create custom quality gameservers primarily focused within Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. We are a dedicated group constantly looking for ways to improve and grow. Register and introduce yourself today to get involved!

© Skynet Gaming 2015-2020

Member of the Month

×
×
  • Create New...