It's time to #ReviveDeathrun /// BUGS/SUGGESTIONS

Alright, so alot of y'all don't know who I am so my name is Chase. I was a Senior Admin here at SNG back in 2017 maybe? Anyways I was banned, unbanned, and then banned again. And thanks to the Mass Unban the new owners decided to do, I am back. And with me comes suggestions, thoughts, fixes, and a lot more lol. As y'all have already seen with the Forum Icons. Like always these are suggestions, and feel free to not use these. However I believe they will strongly benefit the server if you do.

To make this easier to digest I am going to split this into 3 sections, General Deathrun Suggestions, Major Map Bugs, and Minor Map Bugs / Map Suggestions.

Note: I will be reporting all of these Map Bugs to the "Report Bugs" section of the forums as well.

General Deathrun Suggestions:

1. The dice command has a broken format for it's chat colors.

Capture.PNG.cd0778cd7b402ede3565ee44a28cac66.PNG

This isn't a huge problem, but I feel like it is important for everything to be clean as players might see it as a "If they are lazy with this what says they aren't with other things" And honestly it shouldn't be that hard to fix, as it's just a color error in the code. Honestly should take less than 30 seconds to fix.

2. *EDIT* Some maps are not zoned for the timer.

I am not sure which ones, but I noticed when I was playing through all the maps finding these bugs. I finished pretty much every map and I'd say that there are a generous amount of maps that still need to be zoned.

3. Auto lower the volume of Map music.

I believe everyone has this issue, and a lot of people don't know about the !music option in game. I suggest that the volume is lowered from the beginning that way it doesn't ear rape users who are joining the server for the first time.

4. Lower the volume of the "YAYYYYY!"

Whenever you score a new world record time on a map the game plays a clip of kids screaming YAY and when I say screaming I mean screaming, please lower the volume of this!

5. Allow the player to always be CT unless another player joins.

When I was going through the server looking at new maps and trying to learn what has been added since I have been gone. I found that having to force switch myself back to CT because no one was on really annoying and counter productive. It's a small feature but I think it would be really appreciative when players are logged on to try and get others to join as well.

6. Make the starting Map Princess Akaii.

It is a map that is easily known by many deathrun players, and I feel like when the server is inactive after just starting it might help gain the server some traction. Small touch but I think it could be beneficial to the server.

7. ADD DR_STONE

It is such an original map, and when I saw that it wasn't on the server I was a little sad lol. Would love to be able to play this iconic map again!

MAJOR MAP BUGS:

Deathrun_basic_v2, Deathrun_cartoon: Player spawning positions are located way too close to the edge, the afk mover will force these players to fall of the edge if they do not move IMMEDIATELY after the timer counts down, potentially they won't get a chance to move at all.

Dr_dusty: Pretty much the same as last time however, this AFK mover moves WAY too fast. It messes with BHOPS and will probably kill players before rounds start.

Deathrun_ecliptic, Deathrun_princess_akaiii_v2: Players were able to keep their guns after winning end games. Moving into the next round, you were able to kill the T with the gun from the last. This might be a major bug on all maps, but for sure both of these had the issue with Bhop.

*EDIT* Deathrun_princess_akaitwo: If two players stand right on the edge where the door opens, it will actually force the door to re-shut. Locking ALL players inside the spawn room.

MINOR MAP BUGS / MAP SUGGESTIONS:

Deathrun_colors_wangon, Deathrun_ecliptic, Deathrun_gamefusion_v1b, Deathrun_minecraft_v2_diam0ndzfix, Deathrun_simpsons_ff, Deathrun_spy_vs_spy, Dr_crashbandicoot_medieval: Teleporters teleport players into positions where they are staring at a wall rather than the next direction they need to go. I'm well aware that this has always been a thing with some of these maps, but they have always bugged me and I would love to see it changed.

Deathrun_airmap_run_v1: Raise the death floor as you fall forever before actually hitting it and dying. It will help speed up rounds and potentially allow for less patient players to stay for a longer amount of time.

Deathrun_cool: I suggest that we change the location of where the Desert Eagle and AK are located. Right now the AK is more towards the T's side, while the CT is given the Desert Eagle. I feel like it should be reversed, as the CT is the one who dodged the T's traps and made it to the end. Meaning the CT should be able to get to the AK first if they have enough skill to bhop.

Deathrun_dino_shpdr3: There is a portion by a ground fan that is really dark making it hard for CT's to see and navigate the course. I do not believe that this was intentional and even if it was it feels like it would be better with at least a little light to help make seeing where to go obvious. 

Deathrun_gamefusion_v1b: There is a portion on the second level where there is a vine you climb up to move on, later on during level 2 you have to climb over another box, however this time it is a ladder, which doesn't really fit the Mario theme. I suggest that we change the ladder to also be a vine to keep the design of level 2 consistent. 

Deathrun_helix: Some portions of the death floor seemed to be buggy, taking forever to kill the player when the fall on top of it. I believe this might just be a clipping issue and shouldn't be too hard to fix either. But again will help with the less patient Death run players.

Deathrun_mario_v1: The very first trap, or the rings, seem to randomly kill the user depending on where the user steps on them. Even if this is a feature I feel like it would be better if where you are stepping, when its obviously not an auto trap, won't kill the player.

Deathrun_minecraft_v2_diam0ndzfix: Spawning positions seem to be facing the wrong way, as well as there is a weird texture glitch towards the end with the sandstone. When you move the texture moves as well.

Deathrun_pincess_akaitwo_f1 and Deathrun_princess_akaiii_v2: I believe that we should remove one of the two maps, as the only difference is akaitwo is updated and has different end games than akaiii_v2. My suggestion is to remove Deathrun_princess_akaiii_v2 and keep Deathrun_pincess_akaitwo_f1.

Deathrun_princess_boobs_fix3: Hints are all messed up, Princess had the map setup for the old GUI of CS:GO and with the update I assume the parameters for tips were removed. I'm just suggesting that the hints are cleaned up to look better, both at the beginning and in front of the end games.

Dr_crashbandicoot_medieval: On level 2 the sounds of the blades in the walls are active before the blades even coming out of the wall, and when they finally do the sound then goes away completely. It should be the sound comes on when the blade is out lol.

Dr_princess_mario_port_v21: The first ladder is completely invisible to the user, again I understand this is how it used to be, but I feel like it should have something to display there is something you can go up. As well as the map talks and chat and I suggest those messages either be removed, or moved to a tip like the rest of Princesses maps.

If anyone else has any ideas or recommendations and would like me to include them in this post please feel free to comment and let me know and I'll add them in ;) 

TLDR; I want Deathrun back, so there are MAJOR bugs that need fixing and minor bugs/suggestions that I think could make the server better.

Bug Tracker Post:

Edited by Chase88
6 minutes ago, Ryan said:

@wooper he wants your server bro

Nah I mostly just want Deathrun poppin again lol. And anyways I don't think necessarily if I'll be able to get, or if I have the time for a staff position again lol. 

Edited by Chase88

- I've added dr_stone, even though I thought it was already in the server, and even has zones for it, but it's back now : )
- there are some small differences between the two princess maps for akaii, but I didn't want any duplicate maps anyway and I just kinda missed this one. Removed deathrun_princess_akaitwo_f1.
@ Diam0ndz If you could implement these factors that I myself can't that'd be very cool. v
- I also do agree on decreasing the volume of WR sound, by a lot. if so if you could change it to 25% volume that'd be good.
- If possible to decrease every map music volume to 75% that would be a welcome change as well. although I don't even know if you can do that for every map
- "4. Allow the player to always be CT unless another player joins." I thought this was always just a default DR thing, but if possible to fix would be nice for the one guy alone on the server.
- unrelated but whenever you aren't busy if we could start progress on a point system and tracker using our current system that'd be good.
- I also want to rework the !dice plugin itself, so this small chat problem will likely be fixed whenever we want to overhaul it, but if you want to fix it real quick you may, since it seems to be bugging people.
- Lastly, I don't know if I can do this myself but I agree that a recognizable map as the default map instead of castlerun is a good idea to get the first person to join. However I think it might work better to make deathrun_princess_boobs_fix3 the default map for that reason. Both because it clickbaits with the word boobs and because it is a recognizable map. However if you feel dojo or akaii are better I'll let you choose between them.

@Chase88 o7 we'll try to get everything listed here done. If you have any other suggestions that'd be great as well and I'd love to hear them! Also, your other post regarding the specific map bugs and wanted changes will be kept in the bugs section unresolved until they are actually worked on, but do understand we have 0 active mappers for our community currently and only 1 developer atm, so they won't be done soon unless something changes. ty! : )

as well as anyone else who has suggestions, I'd love to hear. If anyone feels like they have a good idea feel free to post it and we'll at least give it some thought

Edited by wooper
16 minutes ago, wooper said:

- I've added dr_stone, even though I thought it was already in the server, and even has zones for it, but it's back now : )
- there are some small differences between the two princess maps for akaii, but I didn't want any duplicate maps anyway and I just kinda missed this one. Removed deathrun_princess_akaitwo_f1.
@ Diam0ndz If you could implement these factors that I myself can't that'd be very cool. v
- I also do agree on decreasing the volume of WR sound, by a lot. if so if you could change it to 25% volume that'd be good.
- If possible to decrease every map music volume to 75% that would be a welcome change as well. although I don't even know if you can do that for every map
- "4. Allow the player to always be CT unless another player joins." I thought this was always just a default DR thing, but if possible to fix would be nice for the one guy alone on the server.
- unrelated but whenever you aren't busy if we could start progress on a point system and tracker using our current system that'd be good.
- I also want to rework the !dice plugin itself, so this small chat problem will likely be fixed whenever we want to overhaul it, but if you want to fix it real quick you may, since it seems to be bugging people.
- Lastly, I don't know if I can do this myself but I agree that a recognizable map as the default map instead of castlerun is a good idea to get the first person to join. However I think it might work better to make deathrun_princess_boobs_fix3 the default map for that reason. Both because it clickbaits with the word boobs and because it is a recognizable map. However if you feel dojo or akaii are better I'll let you choose between them.

@Chase88 o7 we'll try to get everything listed here done. If you have any other suggestions that'd be great as well and I'd love to hear them! Also, your other post regarding the specific map bugs and wanted changes will be kept in the bugs section unresolved until they are actually worked on, but do understand we have 0 active mappers for our community currently and only 1 developer atm, so they won't be done soon unless something changes. ty! : )

as well as anyone else who has suggestions, I'd love to hear. If anyone feels like they have a good idea feel free to post it and we'll at least give it some thought

No worries and sounds good, thank you!

-Fixed !dice colors

-Fixed a bunch of Cvar issues

-Lowered volume of "YAAAY" (I'm pretty sure, haven't tested lol)

-Set default !volume to 0.5 instead of 1

-Made it so the dr plugin will only autobalance if there is 2 or more people on

-Set starting map to deathrun_princess_boobs_fix3

-Anyone with super admin or higher for Deathrun can add the zones. I've taught @wooper and @HellHound how to do it in the past. If you guys forgot pm me and I'll re-teach you.

I'll see if I can find someone to get on those map issues, those are a low priority for me personally and would rather focus on the code side of things for Deathrun, as well as other servers such as JB. 

1 hour ago, Diam0ndz said:

-Fixed !dice colors

-Fixed a bunch of Cvar issues

-Lowered volume of "YAAAY" (I'm pretty sure, haven't tested lol)

-Set default !volume to 0.5 instead of 1

-Made it so the dr plugin will only autobalance if there is 2 or more people on

-Set starting map to deathrun_princess_boobs_fix3

-Anyone with super admin or higher for Deathrun can add the zones. I've taught @wooper and @HellHound how to do it in the past. If you guys forgot pm me and I'll re-teach you.

I'll see if I can find someone to get on those map issues, those are a low priority for me personally and would rather focus on the code side of things for Deathrun, as well as other servers such as JB. 

Thank you @ Diam0ndz you're the best my man!