[Bug Report] » Course Bugs

As I've recently come back to SNG after being unbanned and heard that course was back as well, I quickly got the IP for it, however it's currently unplayable. After a couple hours of collective time on the server as of recent I've encountered two three bugs.

The first bug I found seems to be an automatic ban from the server after dying about three times (not 100% sure if that's how many deaths before the ban), and this keeps players banned for 12-24 hours (I haven't figured out the exact time yet, or if the time varies). The way this system seems to work is after three deaths (again, still testing to find the exact number) respawns are disabled for the rest of the 3 minute round. If everybody in the server dies while respawns are disabled for the remaining time of the round then the next round starts and respawns are re-enabled, until players get enough deaths to disable them again.

1215293054_sngcoursebug.png.f9d95325754e5aca309f0767261c72dd.png

The other bug I found is one that respawns players after a short timer goes to 0, I believe this timer starts at 3 minutes every time. This is the simple round timer displayed on the GUI in every server/game of CS:GO. As of now it seems to act as a competitive match of CS:GO; it starts with a 5 minute warmup, then proceeds into 3 minute rounds, however after the end of each round it doesn't add a round won for CT or T. From my knowledge this could be resolved by lengthening the timer, limiting rounds to one round per "match", and removing the warmup phase.

New bug:

This morning I found another bug that seems to be related to the automatic bans. After three deaths (still testing to find the exact number) respawns are disabled for the rest of the 3 minute round. If everybody in the server dies while respawns are disabled then the next round starts and respawns are re-enabled until players get enough deaths to disable them again. The problem is that after a player dies three times, all respawns are disabled for the entirety of that round, and whichever player caused the respawns to get disabled will receive a temporary ban.

View full bug

Edited by bolty
New bug
2 hours ago, Diam0ndz said:

Removed warmup, set round time to 15 minutes, and disabled mp_autokick. Should stay this way now.

Thank you! That fixed everything except for respawns disabling after what seems to be 5-8 deaths. I'm sure there is an easy fix to this but I'm not sure how you have it set up so I can't suggest anything.

To add to this, rounds won are added to whichever team has people alive after everyone on the other team has died. This starts a new round; everyone is respawned and the timer restarts. Also, after one team gets 8 round wins the map switches.

After testing with @Chase88 we found that when someone joins the opposite team it starts a new round. (i.e. if I were on CT and Chase joined T, a new round would start.) I believe this only matters when it's the first person to join that opposite team rather than every time someone does.

After further testing we have discovered that when everyone on the T team dies (CT can't lose because the !replay bot is on CT), CT gets a win and a new round is started. This could be easily fixed by not allowing players to join the T team.

Repeat killer shouldn't be on Course unless there's something that I'm missing. The repeat killer that's currently on the server disables respawns after 7 deaths for the entire server within any time period. A repeat killer should only temporarily disable respawns for a specific player who dies a certain amount of times within a certain time period. This should be fixed by removing the repeat killer plugin.

Last edit for this post ^

Edited by bolty
More information
9 hours ago, bolty said:

Thank you! That fixed everything except for respawns disabling after what seems to be 5-8 deaths. I'm sure there is an easy fix to this but I'm not sure how you have it set up so I can't suggest anything.

To add to this, rounds won are added to whichever team has people alive after everyone on the other team has died. This starts a new round; everyone is respawned and the timer restarts. Also, after one team gets 8 round wins the map switches.

After testing with @Chase88 we found that when someone joins the opposite team it starts a new round. (i.e. if I were on CT and Chase joined T, a new round would start.) I believe this only matters when it's the first person to join that opposite team rather than every time someone does.

After further testing we have discovered that when everyone on the T team dies (CT can't lose because the !replay bot is on CT), CT gets a win and a new round is started. This could be easily fixed by not allowing players to join the T team.

Repeat killer shouldn't be on Course unless there's something that I'm missing. The repeat killer that's currently on the server disables respawns after 7 deaths for the entire server within any time period. A repeat killer should only temporarily disable respawns for a specific player who dies a certain amount of times within a certain time period. This should be fixed by removing the repeat killer plugin.

Last edit for this post ^

Repeat killer detects when a player is killed multiple times within a short period of time due to some maps afk killer. So people don't just indefinitely die without the round restarting. Disabled the round cap as well.