Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shotamidget

Knifing issue.. I may have a solution.

So I play on yalls server quite frequently... I see a lot of new guys that come on and abuse the knife. A lot of the admins, vip's and high rankers that are on the server all bitch and moan about knifers. SO here is my solution idea.

I know this pluggin is very versatile because I see it on 10 other awp servers.

solution 1:

Reduce the kill count for the knife to 1. That way people have to strategically place their one knife kill. After that it becomes disabled.

solutions 2:

disable the knife. The server isn't advertised as Awp/knife. It's advertised as AWP. It will get rid of a lot of the people that rely on only knifing to get on the score board, and allow people actually wanting to get better with the awp the opportunity. A lot of the regulars are claiming the server is going to shit because everyone knifes, and when you knife a person with an awp is super easy and you can easily get top score by just bhop and knife.

I'm not trying to step on any toes, nor am I assuming, or putting words into anyone's mouths. I simply putting foward my ideas, as I too think the server is going to shit. It's the only well populated awp server that I really enjoy playing on. But within the past 2 weeks the server has gone from all of the regulars top 100's guys always on.. To nothing but knifers, and no top 100's guys. Would you rather keep the players that have followed the server rules? or bring in people that ruin the opportunity for others?

Last but not least... Please find a different server host. Being in Alaska, my ping should never be at 100 in a California server. I should be around 75ish. May I suggest NFOservers.com or artofwarcentral for some better server hosts, or invest in a VPS box that only runs 2 CS:GO servers for 35$ a month with better bandwidth then your server hosts can provide. If you want help with that, add me to steam and we can talk. Shotamidget

I'll write a plugin later today to limit knives, yeah maybe only 1-2 knife kills. Then they must get an awp kill to reset their "knife score" and if they knife someone after they already reached their knife threshold it will slay them.

Oh also if you didn't notice yesterday I switched providers for the west coast server, and it is NFOservers. I didn't consider them before because I thought I had to overpay for a box and had to pay by the player slot, I didn't realize they sold unmanaged VPS's (I like my terminal window <3) so I got one of their plans, and the server has been much more stable! With the old provider it was constant packet loss, and easily ddos'd

Anyways yeah i'll write the plugin. It will be for every knife kill you must get an awp kill or it will slay you, and then if you continue to still knife it will kick you. If you have any other suggestions I'm always open to ideas!

EDIT : Also writing on the forums get my attention a lot more than other people complaining in the server, it will get fixed

Awesome. I'm glad my bitching did some help :). I used to run my own server company. t0xgaming.net and redriverservers.com. I started all of them with unmanaged vps box's. Ran CS:SS 100tic servers. It could handle 2 before it got laggy. 1 35$ a month vps box could run 1 64 slot bf2 ranked server or any bf server for that matter. It was a good way to get started. Chicagovps.com was who I went through. Or something like that. I partnered up with artofwar and sold my company a year or so latter. Now I make and sell e liquid to shops all over the nation haha. Being a businessman is in my blood I suppose.

It is nice to see admins actually taking advice. Thank you for taking the time. Once I get some extra money that isn't being dumped back into my business I'll get vip or something. You guys have my backing.

Awesome. I'm glad my bitching did some help :). I used to run my own server company. t0xgaming.net and redriverservers.com. I started all of them with unmanaged vps box's. Ran CS:SS 100tic servers. It could handle 2 before it got laggy. 1 35$ a month vps box could run 1 64 slot bf2 ranked server or any bf server for that matter. It was a good way to get started. Chicagovps.com was who I went through. Or something like that. I partnered up with artofwar and sold my company a year or so latter. Now I make and sell e liquid to shops all over the nation haha. Being a businessman is in my blood I suppose.

It is nice to see admins actually taking advice. Thank you for taking the time. Once I get some extra money that isn't being dumped back into my business I'll get vip or something. You guys have my backing.

The support is much appreciated :D, what is your company for E-liquids name? I'd love to try it sometime since e cigarretes helped me quit smokin the cancer sticks haha :D

I own Péche Foggin Sauce out of Anchorage. http://facebook.com/pfogginsauce our website is on hold currently. Trying to get the FDA laws nailed down before we invest any more haha. But all orders and inquiries go through our facebook right now, or email us at pfogginsauce@gmail.com. :) Vaping got me off of smoking hookah for 8 years 12 hour a day every day lol. I went through 1 kilo of tobacco every 2 weeks.