tooba

BAD OP! ARGH!

I can agree with this tbh. I dislike the whole "We want change, but I'm not willing to speak up" movement. I'm sure Tuba has no qualms against removing bad maps or even adding good maps. Transparency is a good way to keep things moving smoothly and that requires community feedback. If he's asking for feedback whether it be positive or negative, all feedback is good.

When the course timer switched. (Before it turned aids) we lost half of our current playerbase tbh. But they were immediatly replaced by new players. Some people hate change some love it. But inevitably plyers will come xd

I dont really have a problem with any of the maps, I like pretty much all of them. The problem I have, and maybe a few others, is the votes are always the same maps. I know we can nominate maps, but it would be nice if the map vote was more random. Im not sure if thats something you can change though, Im sure theres some algorithm in place that throws up popular maps.

Keep up the good work my dude!

1 minute ago, Jarvis said:

I dont really have a problem with any of the maps, I like pretty much all of them. The problem I have, and maybe a few others, is the votes are always the same maps. I know we can nominate maps, but it would be nice if the map vote was more random. Im not sure if thats something you can change though, Im sure theres some algorithm in place that throws up popular maps.

just remove !nominate command. Its supposed to be random but people nominate different maps in which those will be chosen. 

48 minutes ago, Jarvis said:

I mention a map cool down plugin every meeting. (Basically limits the amount a map can be played) So there's no overplaying.

The maps isn't the problem. Most if not all of them are completely fine. When you hear people complaining, it usually falls under what @j3nsyl said. Some people (ex: me) like classic maps and don't mind playing the same thing over and over again since I grew up on just the original scoutzknivez map in 1.6. Other people complain because they find it boring and prefer new maps. In the end, it doesn't matter and the amount of players ain't going to fluctuate unless there is something completely wrong with any new maps. 

What does drive most people out of the servers is the overwhelming effect of a stacked team. I know this has been brought up repeatedly and you have no control over it but focus your time on pushing this through instead of adding new maps. SNG is going to be fine with or without new maps but I've never seen a server empty out faster than the vicious cycle of people on losing team leaving -> people autobalanced to losing team -> they leave too

6 minutes ago, aLpaca said:

The maps isn't the problem. Most if not all of them are completely fine. When you hear people complaining, it usually falls under what @j3nsyl said. Some people (ex: me) like classic maps and don't mind playing the same thing over and over again since I grew up on just the original scoutzknivez map in 1.6. Other people complain because they find it boring and prefer new maps. In the end, it doesn't matter and the amount of players ain't going to fluctuate unless there is something completely wrong with any new maps. 

What does drive most people out of the servers is the overwhelming effect of a stacked team. I know this has been brought up repeatedly and you have no control over it but focus your time on pushing this through instead of adding new maps. SNG is going to be fine with or without new maps but I've never seen a server empty out faster than the vicious cycle of people on losing team leaving -> people autobalanced to losing team -> they leave too

Also another thing I bring up in the meetings. I especially emphasize this idea because not only does it piss people off it makes people not want to stay. It also influences RTV votes that aren't need, just so the teams scramble. 

I really don't see this being that hard to implement. It doesn't need to be an automated system that calculates everyone's points and balances them based off that (Although that would be lovely). It can be a simple option for supers+ that allows them to scramble teams. @Mr.Derp please halp

2 minutes ago, I'm Tuba said:

Also another thing I bring up in the meetings. I especially emphasize this idea because not only does it piss people off it makes people not want to stay. It also influences RTV votes that aren't need, just so the teams scramble. 

I really don't see this being that hard to implement. It doesn't need to be an automated system that calculates everyone's points and balances them based off that (Although that would be lovely). It can be a simple option for supers+ that allows them to scramble teams. @Mr.Derp please halp

I've enabled an option in gameme to Scrabble teams based on skill points a few days ago, has it had no effect?

You should just have a scramble system where after 3 to 5 rounds of one specific team of winning just switch it up until it makes it stable. 

I also don't like the map where the Ct's can teleport to the top and get a big advantage over the  T's. But i can deal with it i am just throwing my opinion out their.

It would be nice to have some maps that are similar to the awp server, but less campy, if that's possible. I don't know, I like most the maps, even the re-texture ones. There was a map that was once too big, like you had to surf up to the top or something, I didn't really care for that map. I still love skylands even though people complain about it seemingly every time. It would be nice to have scoutshine without the damn hills, or maybe a larger scoutshine variant instead.

My favorite maps are skylands, ftw, and scoutshine. 

I have several complaints with scoutshine, such as walking up the ramps sometimes you can get stuck in between the ramp and the mountain/hills, the hills themselves are annoying since people just pop up there and camp the round out sniping people from afar, but other than that I really like the aggressively small open aspect of the map, including the thunderdome arena in the middle.

That's all I got.

Edited by Crismo - [Nick]

42 minutes ago, aLpaca said:

I've heard you bring up the team thing before, I really don't know how this could be addressed though realistically. It also makes it harder with one group of clansmen want to play on one team and dominate the playing field, which in my mind is perfectly fine. I tend to stay through the map even if I'm doing shit on the shit team getting rekt by yourself, or someone better (haha), but you and others have mentioned a better autobalancing system but I don't think one could be implemented to please all sides, it would also get really annoying being switched back and forth.

In my old CS days, in order to get better you had to die, a lot, so I don't mind dying repeatedly, unless I'm losing all my worthless points that I shouldn't care about but end up caring about for some reason, then I might leave if I lose too many of those worthless points.

Edited by Crismo - [Nick]

Thank you for this post Tuba, it's definitely a nice thing to see. It's also really good how much you care about SK and how much you've done for the server as its operator. Thank you again! :Gachigasm:

41 minutes ago, aLpaca said:

Essentially, this. ^ Feels like every other match one team can't even get 5 rounds on the other team.

However, if something really has been added to the server recently to help combat this issue then at this point all we can do is wait and observe the effects that the change has on the problem. 

7 minutes ago, Crismo - [Nick] said:

I've heard you bring up the team thing before, I really don't know how this could be addressed though realistically. It also makes it harder with one group of clansmen want to play on one team and dominate the playing field, which in my mind is perfectly fine. I tend to stay through the map even if I'm doing shit on the shit team getting rekt by yourself, or someone better (haha), but you and others have mentioned a better autobalancing system but I don't think one could be implemented to please all sides, it would also get really annoying being switched back and forth.

It could be addressed through the addition of team scrambling by points or through the thing that @t.tv/b422nick with the scramble every 3-5 rounds won in a row. I know that other servers like Fragworks has the scramble on round win streak thing on their servers and it's really not all that annoying to have if it fixes the problem that is team stacking. 

But like I said above, if something was added we just need to wait and see how it works out.

14 minutes ago, SighT said:

I would do this if 1v1 had an op @Pedro Deuces plsdonthurtme

:NotLikeThis:

49 minutes ago, I'm Tuba said:

Sorry guess I'm retarded, actually didn't enable it... Thought I did, please report back how it works.

Tuba I think your a great Operator. What I do want to say though is the new map Dustbowl need more cover and I still haven't had a chance to play chicken

Edit: Also that map scoutshine, if we can have a mapper make it so you can't go on the top that would be nice.

Edited by Kurp.Won

1 hour ago, Mr.Derp said:

I've enabled an option in gameme to Scrabble teams based on skill points a few days ago, has it had no effect?

I was not aware.

19 minutes ago, RedFlubber said:

I removed sk_tooba and scoutpac17, they are crashing the server. Haven't seen you on today, just wanted to let you know.

Someone told me scoutzknivez_fws_d2pac is crashing too If you'll remove that too please. Trying to fix them